First Date Outfit Ideas?

So I have a dinner date Saturday night and have idea what I should wear. We're going to Bravo Cuchina Italian Restaurant. Here's an idea of what it looks like on the inside.

First Date Outfit Ideas?

I'm a jeans and hoodie type girl, but I want to look feminine but not overdressed. I suck with fashion and make up and hair all that. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could wear? My neighbor said she'd help with make up and hair, but most likely, my hair will be curly and down. My hair goes to my waist.

I'm also like average size. My dress size is a 12 my jeans can be an 8 or a 10 depending on where I get them if that gives you any idea as to what would fit me. I'm not uploading any photos of myself though due to my career and junk. That teacher life. Anyway, some pictures or suggestions would be nice.

Also, I don't really know how to walk in heels. Just FYI.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything Midi sized Skirt/blouse combo or dress
    static.missguided.co.uk/.../...6.10.14_mc_1732.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6730809eac.jpg
    g04.a.alicdn.com/.../...sses-fashion-large-big.jpg
    This one looks very nice in my opinion.
    cdn.shopify.com/.../...-Midi-Dress-LC61022-2-1.jpg

Are you ok in wedges? You can swap all these heels for them as long as they are open.

• I've never worn wedges before... sorry, the tomboy in my is coming out lol

• I see, yeah without seeing ya it's a little hit and miss lol, i just went off your dress size.

At 5'3 i'd suggest the third one then, the extra fabric around the thighs should be more flattering. This is why heels looks so good though, they enhance height which makes you look more proportionate.

I would say Jeans and a nice top would be fine, but looking at the clientele in the picture of the restaurant i'd say you would be sticking out as a little under-dressed.

• Yeah, size 12 sounds huge but I'm going based on bridesmaids dresses since that's the size I have and apparently they run like 2 sizes small or at least that's what David's Bridal told me. They may have just said that to make me feel better lol

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I like reixun's suggestion for a maxi dress.

If you're a hoodie kind of girl, I'm wondering if this kind of look might suit you with similar shoes:

g01.a.alicdn.com/.../...s-casual-shift-Vestido.jpg

g02.a.alicdn.com/.../...-print-maxi-long-Dress.jpg

It's quite "femine" and casual all at the same time, like a university look, and seems perfectly fine for that restaurant.

Maybe you can just shop around and try things on and see what suits you best with that basic kind of maxi dress without heels.

• I might be all screwed up in my fashion sense being in Japan, doh. This might be a wrong look for that age, sorry.

• Dinner is usually too much for a first date but I mean its ok too

Just go with the casual sexy. Jeans, a sexy top and heels. Or just a simple black dress with heels. Can never go wrong with that

• Whatever makes you feel sexy and confident. Trust me. This is the key. I met my girlfriend and the next day I could remember what she was wearing. But I remember how kind, sweet, felimine and pleasant she was. I also vaguely remember she was kinda cute. When you are out, compliment him with a uniquely personal compliment. Laugh at a few of his stupid jokes. Tell him your having fun. This will make him relax and you both will enjoy the moment so much more. Offer to pay too. That to me is so hot because it shows that a woman appreciates that I paid and didn't expect it. Have a great time! I hope it works out.

• I think @ginny_weasley would give a great answer to this. But yes Dress kinda classy, not all out formal, but classy.

• Bravo is a pretty casual restaurant. As long as your jeans are clean and you wary decent top, you will fit right in I recommend you wear a short loose skirt with no undies, so that after the date your new guy has easy access in the car.

• No thanks, I have standards.

• Oh, I thought you were serious about the second part lol. I apologize.

Do men really think jeans are attractive? I want to go casual, I just don't want to go so casual I look like I don't care.

• At your age, jeans are fine. Newer ones, that haven't started fading, would make a better first impression. :-)

• I'd think some casually dressy,

• where a pretty white dress if you're careful with your bolognese!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

1 private opinion(s)