Why does he still keep his ex naked photos?

So my boyfriend was complaining that he has no more space on his iPhone to update apps. I told him to make space like deleting old photos, videos... and he did. But he only deleted random photos of him and his ex, not his ex naked photos. I don't think it's because he can't be bothered, he definitely went through all his album but choose to keep those. I don't understand why?
he told me he loves me so much, and most of the time I do feel loved. However, i saw him still talking to his ex quite often... makes me sad. His ex also has a boyfriend now, but still come back and tell him she misses him (whyyyy:/) They've been together 4 years. Me and him only a few months. Does that mean he still think of her?

What Guys Said 2

• He still keeps them because he finds her physically very attractive and it's possible that he is still " lusting" on her. Lust is something that never goes away and it can happen at any age.

• You're just a rebound and it won't last. He's still in love with her and it won't change so you have a decision. Them still talking is very bad

What Girls Said 1

• I've said it many times and I will say it again; there is no reason at all to be talking to an ex unless you have kids. Simple as that otherwise there are still feelings, the hope of getting back together and possibly even cheating with that ex. If he is still talking to her and keeping naked pics of her then clearly he is not over her at all and sees you as a rebound. People can "rationalize" all they want on why they still have pics of their ex and still talk to them all they want but the reality is they still love them and want to be with them.