Guys am I intimidating?

I've been striking out over and over with guys. Please help me out guys what am I doing wrong? I am coming out of an awful relationship and learning the strength of my own personality but im afraid I might be intimidating. Last guy I met (very nice guy had a great day) didn't even offer me his phone number. I wanted to do touristy things so I paid for it. And I'm very talkative. This is the 4th time I've struck out. Please help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you think you are intimidating?

Instead, why not think the men ( boys ) you dated were not man enough for you

You seem a very pleasant young lady

• I dunno I felt a few times when I was paying for things or asking him to come with me somewhere maybe I was imposing. He told me no but then no offer of a phone number or no can I see you again. This keeps happening I think guys are avoiding me haha. I won't sacrifice my new found strength but I don't want to put of the male populace though

• Thank you kindly :)

• :) always for great advice

Most Helpful Girl

• You're strong in your new found independence. You just started back in that murky dating pool. It truly sucks.

Most of the time a person knows it just isn't in the cards on date one or date two; that's why most people don't get much past date two or three before trying someone else. This is normal, not even "striking out." It's nothing you're doing, I bet. It's wise to not pay a lot of attention to the obligatory "I had fun" texts unless there is talk of a specific date in the future.

Don't look at each guy as a potential mate, just look at him as a fun evening. I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found my prince.

• Haha I'm not looking for a prince. But I had a great day and friendship would be at least nice. I mean the frog and princess were friends first. I don't think I'm a terrible companion. But I will not compromise my personality and curious whether my personality is what's chasing them all away

• Have a great life with your prince :)

• Aww, thank you. Don't let these guys bring you down. You are ROCKIN' being you!!!

What Guys Said 14

• It's tough to know what exactly you're doing wrong with men with only a paragraph to go off.

It's often hard to self reflect accurately so if you have any male friends, you should consider asking them for advice and opinions. I say male friends because female friends only giving a woman's perspective on what they think is attractive to men which is not always the case

• For me intimidating girl are those who usually are just attractive to me. Those who are repulsive are those who smokes, are hyperactive, ask me services as i don't know them already (hey, what would you think about helping me out fixing my house, i have no men)...

It's hard to say really if you are or not since i am not in you're friend circle and i never assisted to you facing boys to have an idea myself of the situation.

Some think that going to straight forward can be intimidating but, a girl that would just come at me and tell me she find me beautiful asking me if she can just stay there or have a walk with me, that would not make me freak. Instead, a girl get to me with overdose of assurance trying to negociate live on the spot something with me... bad idea. I hate to argue when it comes to being with someone, i want it easy goin." -Do we go left? - Any direction as long as i'm with you"...

Don't except a guy offering you a phone number, leave yours instead. Don't ask, offer :-)

You shoud not assume that since you find a guy attractive, he will be in return. expecting a guy you find cute to give you his phone number is a good way to collect deceptions i think. I never had a phone number out of a girl i was really into. and i am not excepting the girl i have a crush on me to give it to me. At least, if it begins with a natural smile from the person, i'll be already happy with that. So many girls just don't smile back at me as i do so!

• Your comment is confusing. We did meet under rather odd circumstances yes I kind of imposed on him. I asked him directions after getting lost and robbed in a strange city and he offered to escort me. Having such a horrible time I asked if he'd be interested in doing touristy stuff. He never objected and I never tried to make him. But when he left it was just take care. I thought there was a connection, friendship at least but no offer of continuing contact. And I felt I shouldn't push.

• When the guy ends it quickly by "good luck then" after all that time he helped you out, he may find you sweet but seriously, he's not interested.

You made already a great work towards a boy, there was already space for easy conversation.
      Most the time i found a girl attractive, i just don't have courrage to walk to her since i'm afraid she will make me feel i was a creep. You made a lot already, really!

You see, not all boys want to bang everything that moves around! :-)

Don't discourage yourself :-)

• If you have to ask- you're probabaly very offputting in some way shape or form. I don't think it's that guys are intimidated by you. Very few women could ever intimidate me with their personality. Sounds like you rationalizing. I would assess other variables that might be causing a strain in your dating life.

• Let's see... you got married too young and then regretted it, and on a scale from 1 to 10, you are at best a 4.

What you should be doing is to figure out the kind of guy that likes the kind of girl you are, then look for that kind of guy. Stop wasting time on guys who aren't going to like you in the first place. This works for anyone. Once you figure out what to look for, your rejection rate drops dramatically and your yes rate goes up.

• O. o I married too young yes. Stayed with him for 10 years in total you do that. And if I'm only a 4 who cares?

• No WalterRadio was being a dick to you while giving advice.

• @jamesma87 yeah well I don't read much into ignorant chauvinistic narcissistic opinions. Especially when they attack my looks in a post about a personality trait and they don't even have a profile up. I'm comfortable in my skin. Was only a bit confused by the reaction of the gentleman who took me around for a day. I don't understand male thinking sometimes but I can see the appeal with having a great noncommittal day and parting ways too.

• If you have fun with a guy... Don't hesitate to give him YOUR number to hang out more often. Don't wait for him to offer his

• I hinted but he has also been through a tough relationship and there was kind of an unvoiced understand not to invade boundaries

• Am I doing something though. This is like the 4th time to have a great evening and by even an offer for continued friendship

• 4th time, that's really nice, keep it up, girl!
      See how much closer you can get eachtime ;) and see if he lets you

• Yea that's probably it... BE MORE UGLY... goddamit LMAO... That will make you less intimidating.. No honestly , just keep trying

• 😂😂😂 See, this is exactly what I expected you'd be like. No guy is going to like a women who holds opinion like yours. Change yourself, free advice.

• You request I don't tag your post and you come onto my question thread? O. o exactly how Indian men causing the stigma about your race ask. I don't even read into stereotypes but you definitely fall under it...

• I never told him to not listen to you (until you tagged me and started sprouting garbage) and neither did I bring any of your crap in our conversation. I know him and it wasn't the first time I was talking to him so again you're not that important, you know.
      Intimated ? Nah more like detested.
      Yeah sure, I don't see anyone else wanting to be with you here either. Good bye insecure women.

• I'm not insecure stop calling me names and being derogatory. Or don't your choice. Doesn't affect me now that I understand how you think. But good riddance.

• Well, you are very sexy looking. Perhaps that's intimidating but you can intimidate me anytime you want.

• a girl is only intimidating if they dont approach and initiate things with a guy, for example: showing love and what you want and desire, plus otherwise if you dont he won't know what you want from him.

• maybe you are talking too much.

• Possibly I do talk a lot lol

• Thanks for the sound advice :)

• no prob :)

• Not at all

• What makes you feel like your intimitading? Are you tall? Deep voice?

• I'm tall but not that tall. I don't think my voice is too low. Perhaps alto. I'm concerned more about stating what I want to do and paying for things.

• You're not intimidating. But I've read some of your opinions on this site and you don't come across as a likeable person. You talk too much can be a problem but some your views make it seem like you think you're superior to others and that would make a lot of men walk (if not run) away from you.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0