If a girl just stops responding what does it mean?

So I'm talking to this girl online. We aren't dating but the way we talk is like a full blown couple. Pet names and all. We are hitting it off we are comfortable with each other no arguments or anything. No problems but sometimes half way through a conversation she will just not respond. Then several hours later she messages back like nothing happened. What does this mean? Is it bad?

She doesn't say she is leaving. No good bye or anything. That's why it bothers me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a big deal, she's probably just busy or something. I sometimes do this when I'm busy because I just simply can't respond and I just hope that the guy I'm chatting with is understanding enough to realize that I sometimes have things to do besides chatting. I've seen worse than what you described- I've had friends who take up to a week to reply back to one text message. But seriously, don't worry about it, she's probably just busy or something came up. If it's really bothering you then just ask her why it's taking her a while to respond.

• Thanks. I'll try asking her what's going on. I just didn't want to start something by bringing it up. I Dont know what's going on soni didn't want to bring it up and blow it out of proportion if its nothing.

• Thanks. Again. Its just my social anxiety kicking in I freak about little things. But you've definitely helped.

• No problem!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that she had something to do. You were talking online texting if you will. She had something that she had to do so she went and did it and came back. Don't read into it mate. Trust me that is a slippery slope.

What Girls Said 5

• It doesn't mean anything, she could be REALLY busy with something. I do the same thing, I won't answer for hours and then come back like we just had the conversation. The good thing is, she comes back!

• No? She's probably just busy doing something else

• She might just be busy with something else. If she responds to you, then she wants to talk to you. It's not like she's totally ignoring you.

• How many times has this happened? If it was just a few times, she might of have some things she needed to do and had to leave in the middle of the Conversation. She still came back for you, so no worries. Lol.

• 3 times now. And it usually takes her a minimum of 5 hours to come back.

• when I leave in the middle of a conversation with one of my close online friends, it's because I need to go offline or I need to do something. It could take as long as a whole day to get back onto my laptop. I don't think you have to worry about this, it has only happened a few time. If she was trying to give you a sign to f*ck off, then she wouldn't of ever replied.

• Thanks. It just worries me because she says nothing. No goodbye or anything. So every time I'm worried I made her mad and also irritated cuz she doesn't say anything. So I sit there for hours trying to figure out what happened.

• it means u should say sorry and remember what u said that made her angry!

What Guys Said 4

• That could mean a few things:

1. She is not very good in her communication skills, she is one of those people who take their own sweet time to respond and there are people who do that, with such people there is no assurance that you will even receive your replies. They may reply, they may reply after a long time, days or even months in some cases or it may never come.

2. She is trying to test your patience on purpose to see how you deal with this. It's a sort of mind game.

3. She is not as interested as you thinks she is.

• NO response at all is the shit-iest thing. At least she has some responses, so no worries.

• Thank you. It is good she responds. I have social anxiety so when she doesn't say she is leaving and just leaves I start freaking out. I think I did something wrong.

• Time to move on.

• Her boyfriend walked in?