Is it okay for a guy to stay away from (possibly even trying to ignore) his girlfriend while she's on her period?

My period just recently came, but before I get to the part about my boyfriend and I, let me tell you (for those who don't know) the symptoms of a premenstrual syndrome. Symptoms include feeling tired, having trouble sleeping, having an upset stomach, headaches, backaches, joint or muscle pain, trouble with concentration or memory, tension, mood swings, crying spells, anxiety, depression, and many more. I basically have ALL of these symptoms, and it is literally the worst thing ever. All I want for him to do is to stay by my side, to comfort me, to show that he really cares. He says he loves me, and that he believes that I'm the one whom he wants to be with his entire life, to build a future with. But sometimes, his actions don't really show it... Like this one. How can you love someone and really want to be with them, if you're not even going to stay with them through every second, good AND bad? How can he really love me if he doesn't want to help me during the times I really want someone by my side? Someone please help me...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's highschool, it probably won't last and you won't find very mature guys in highschool. Personally I would care about my girlfriend and want to stay with her... But I've talked to girls who are insanely fucking rude and obnoxious during their time of the month, to the point where they will literally snap at me mid conversation. Homie don't play that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry you have PMS symptoms during your period. I have them too, so I can relate to that. It's a terrible thing. But some guys don't know how to behave themselves while being around girls on their period. I think it's just his age. I mean, I don't know how old he is, but many guys under the age of 18 get quite embarrassed by thinking about periods.

However, talk to him about your feelings. Tell him that you need him, especially during your period. That's the only thing you can do. If he doesn't change over time, you have to consider if he is really the one you want.

Oh and for your information: not all men are embarrassed by periods. They are completely natural, but guys just feel hopeless during those days. There's nothing they can do to make you feel better, so maybe your boyfriend is feeling that as well.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• :s he should be there for you regardless of your period

• He's gonna have to deal with it if he lives with you one day. He can't move out once a month

Maybe his intentions are good. He may think you want to be left alone. Talk to him about it, then you'll know for a certainty why he seems to avoid you during your period.