Why is it considered weird to not date your own race?

I don't understand how it can be considered weird to not date people of your own race. Surely it's down to the person who they do and do not date and I don't understand what is weird about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I certainly would, people from my race are very attractive and their personalities are really nice too

• That's great for you but not everyone feels the same way as you do.

• True but I think it depends more on the individual than his/her race

• Ok I understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do find it odd if someone isn't attracted to their own race. Not wrong, mind you, but a bit strange.

People are narcissistic in nature and are naturally attracted to people that have similar features to themselves, even subconsciously. I would have to assume that not being attracted to your own race is fairly rare.

I suppose I'm also assuming things a bit in that not dating your own race doesn't necessarily mean not attracted to at all. Considering who you date can be largely influenced by environment and location.

• Yes that true, in my case it's because they way women of my race treat men of my race and it's also the way I have been treated by these women in the past.

What Girls Said 2

• I certainly don't consider it weird and neither do the people in my life. It seems to me that it's pretty normal to date outside your origin and i don't get why it wouldn't be. I understand your confusion, where did you hear this?

• In another topic on GAG.

• Those people are either prejudiced or they've been living in a cave, because that's just weird.

• Some people just find what they are not familiar with as weird.

What Guys Said 3

• just because traditionally (historically) the understanding was that people would be more attracted to their own race in looking for a partner

there isn't anything weird about it. just your own personal preference

• Not weird, but I suppose it somehow qualifies as 'reverse racism'.

• How does it qualify?

• Ok man thanks for your reply.

• It is not weird. Date who you want.