Would you date someone with acne?

So i have acne scars. Not very bad ones but they still are noticeable. And me and a guy friend have been talking a lot about what attractive and what`s not. He said acne is a HUGE turn off. Which gave me some insecurities. I have a bit of a feeling for him (not strong tho) and the thing he said was a bummer for me. So my question for you gagers is : Would you date someone with acne?

by the way i use makeup to hide them but not much at all. Only tiny amount of a foundation. So you do still see my scars. I can hide them much more but i just hate makeup overall

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. Lol. Acne is just one of those trivial things that people don't really pay attention to when looking for a partner. It might look grotesque to you but we are often our worst critics.

In bodybuilding I experience this a lot. My proportions are almost ideal at this point and that's what I'm told by a lot of people but when I look in the mirror I'm never satisfied. I'm confident within myself and my body but at the same time I'm never satisfied. Example my calf insertions are very high and it makes the illusion of larger calves a very difficult task. When others see my calves they say you are crazy to think that but again I'm more own worst critic.

Literally nobody will even care about your acne. It just sounds like something so petty. Stop trippin homie.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure I would date someone with acne or acne scars. The person can't do anything about it. If someone truly cares about the person you are, it doesn't matter at all whether there are acne or scars.

What Guys Said 16

• Sure. I don't know about intense acne scarring but some mild scarring and acne doesn't bother me. I've never noticed any difference between vaginas from girls who have acne vs. those without. In fact, one of the best vaginas I ever dated had a bit of an acne problem.

• >> In fact, one of the best vaginas I ever dated had a bit of an acne problem.

Not around the vagina, of course. I mean on the face of the girl to whom the vagina belonged.

• Lol You're just proving my point of being one of the worst kinds of people. I'm not lightlysaltedchips... I'm Baumber.. totally different people! But, yet again, your assumption is wrong and instead of defending your insults and opinions like a real man... you try to get the last word in, then block my account so that you can make it look as though you won the argument. Every statement I've made is true because mine are based on facts. Anyways, just like lightlysaltedchips... I care a great deal about a girls conversational skills! I have no problems getting girls, so her conversational skills and personality help to decide who I want to be with... instead of viewing them as a piece of meat or a vagina.

• @Baumber2 So you're talking like lightlysaltedchips, the exact same age, creating a second account (third?) to get through to me yet again, and still trying to hammer in the same underlying point in response to a jest taken way too seriously. Okay. :-P

One guy, two silly guys, same difference to me. We're talking strictly about physical attributes here. My whole joke was that acne on the face doesn't affect a girl's vagina. Learn to take a joke, silly person (s)?

The asker apparently could before you (conjoined twins?) decided to suddenly make a stand for your lack of superficiality. Whooptee-doo.

>> I care a great deal about a girls conversational skills! I have no problems getting girls, so her conversational skills and personality help to decide who I want to be with [...]

Well, of course you don't have a problem! You have so much integrity that I'm sure your dating old and fat women with great personalities! They're all yours and I respect and admire guys like you. Cheers. :-D

• Ah, I can be fine with them as long as the personality and otherwise looks make up for it. I dated a girl with pretty bad acne scars because she was pretty otherwise and had a great personality. Frankly, I am incredibly superficial, and usually only date really attractive girls, so obviously I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

• I know a girl at my job that has a bit of acne. So what! I still find her hot as hell!!! I've been trying to hook up with her for months, but I don't think she has a clue because of the acne. Maybe I should just tell her that I think she's HOT !!!

• yea, I hit on a girl with acne. Didn't win her, but it was fun. sure.

Its not the best condition, but I see past it.

• Only if she's badass, wears an eye patch and is skilled with a butterfly knife.

• Maybe.

• I used to have acne and if it isn't extreme it isn't to bad. To get rid of acne wash your face with baking soda everyday. My skin has never looked clear. Instead of being sad just use that emotion to better yourself and dont feel insecure

• and as for ak666 he is a stupid piece of shit who blocks people when people call him out on his idiotic comments

its one thing to be attracted to someone and it is another thing to refer to someone as ''one of the best vaginas I ever dated had a bit of an acne problem.''
      it is almost impossible to date someone who you aren't attracted to you but in your case you are dating a ''vagina'' and not the women. Attractive or not, its completely idiotic to not man up to your idiotic comment and by the way, bambour isn't my second account he just has common sense unlike you. also if you were trying to be funny you failed miserably.

• I don't date but if I did, it wouldn't be a problem. Also, I have a lot of knowledge so could most likely discover the source of the acne and either reduce it a lot or get rid of it altogether. It would be treated internally and then externally.

• Why not... My ex had acne didn't stop her from being absolutely gorgeous

• I have acne scars too, so the answer is no. A woman has to be better than me.

• Nope I don't care if I like a girl.
    I have acne scars too 😂 LOL

• Depends on the depth of the scars, her understanding of the use of her other body parts to compensate, Hair done right and long can hide a lot. Breasts that constantly command your attention, can cause a guy to forget other flaws.

• Sure.

Of course, acne can sometimes be too unnatractive, but it is treatable and if you can hide it well with make up, it probably is not a very bad case.

Good luck to you!

• I would not. I'm a shallow motherfucker aren't I?

• (My opinion is) No!

• yes... i dont put too much stock into superficial shit

What Girls Said 5

• Most people have acne for one reason or another. I have it due to stress. I thought I was too old for it but apparently not. I wouldn't judge a person too hard for it. I usually don't notice.

• Well he's dumb, everyone gets acne. It comes and go.

• I don't think I would date a person with acne. Please, don't get offended... I just think that making out with them would be... I just wouldn't be able to do it. It sounds terrible, but yeah, pimples are a huge turn off.

• Yes I would. Acne is beyond the person's control. It's not a dealbreaker for me. I can see beyond a person's acne.

• It's not a big deal. Don't let them make you lose confidence