18 year old girl dating a 33 year old guy?

Okay before you all flip out, listen. I met this guy and he's super nice and acts young for his age. He's still mature, but we have a lot of similar interests. We've talked about it a bit, and we both acknowledge the 15 year age gap, and it scares both of us. Most people view it as creepy or weird and I totally would've too... before I met him. Please just give your honest opinion about the situation without being rude. Thanks!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you were 25 and he was 40, this would be less of a problem, but at 18, you have no idea who you really are or what you want in life, and he's at a very different stage in life - even if he is a Peter Pan-type who doesn't want to grow up.

in my opinion, it's fine to have a relationship with this guy if you want to, but know going in that it isn't likely to be a "lifetime"-type relationship. And that's okay - you can learn a whole lot about yourself and what you want by being in a relationship with someone who lacks long-term potential with you, and you can enjoy the time you have together. The eventual break-up might be tough, but you'll survive and be wiser for the experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• You already know it's a problem because you're asking about it. Nothing good comes of a man in his *thirties* trying to be with a teenager.

What Guys Said 18

• If I was 33 I wouldn't date an 18 year old because I'd feel like I was taking advantage of a girl who's still a kid really. If I was a creepy predator I'd do it without hesitation and I'm pretty sure I could be manipulative enough to have everyone thinking I was a genuine dude who liked a girl who just happened to be way younger than me and that age is just a number, however I'd be demonstrably understanding of the potential difficulties and judgments of others over the gap and aim to assuage their fears through good behavior.

• Yeah it's fucked up. He's basically twice your age and what kind of a 33 year old would go for an 18 year old just think about that. Imagine if you were 33, would you ever go for an 18 year old? If you would then you are fucked up in the head, and so is the guy you are dating. I mean he's at the point of his life where most people have already had children, and he wants to date someone who just stopped being a child. It's sick.

• Actually I just turned 20 and I still haven't stopped being a child... so yeah.. you're argument is invalid.

• You didn't answer my question, are there no 18 year olds with children?

Personally, I think someone has to be pretty stupid to have a kid at 18. But many do.

Seriously, the only two people in the world a difference in age should matter to or not are the two individuals involved. It is what THEY want, not how you would like to do away with your competition.

• @WalterRadio There are 11 year olds with children, if you're trying to justify this with this then it shows how fucking desperate you are.

If you want to date an 18 year old you are fucked in the head, make all the excuses you want but you are a fucking creep.

• Im just waiting for the replies from the females... Brace yourself the bitterness and lecturing is coming. But seriously its your life dear tell everyone else to fuck off if they have a problem.

• I am well over 40. I have been with my current girlfriend since she was 20. I think the last time I dated an 18 year old was about 6 years ago, and she was a few days shy of 19 when we met. Although, more recently, there was an 18 yo who liked me, but she wasn't my type.

No one has any business telling anyone who they can or cannot be with, whether it be over age, race, religion, nationality, or anything else. It is a matter entirely up to the individuals involved.

• If you were mature enough, you wouldn't care about what others thought and do what you think is right even if it meant burning the world down.

But you care which shows you still haven't grown up beyond 15 in relationships.

I say it's wrong for this reason, doesn't matter how immature he is, you are immature too.

• I'm curious, how does your folks feel about this? I'm gonna be respectful but honest here.

At my age, youngest I'll date is 27. I just wouldn't feel i have anything in common with someone your age, let alone early 20's.

You're 18, there's nothing the law can do about this. But do you see a future with this guy? Do you have a lot in common? This guy I wouldn't think would be the type to party, hang out at colleges etc. I dunno if you're gonna go to a university.

you're young!! Why not focus on the future? You already looking to settle?

Have you had bad experiences with guys your own age?

• you are 18 so nobody can touch you. people can tell you what to do and you can tell them to fuck off. enjoy life.

• Really I do not see how this is any of my business. If that is what makes you happy, just go for it. It's not like you need approval from me or from anyone else.

• Can't wait till he chops you to bits.

• 0|0
  • Yeah that is strange.

• I'm $ure he ha$ a nice per$onality

• Enjoy it. Have fun.

• Nope, it's a great thing. I hope to date 18-year-old women myself when I become 33, since I plan to earn more by that age.

• Not a great idea, I had a cousin who dated an older guy, he was nice and not creepy but at the end of the day they was just in different places in life. Im sure its similar for all relationships with such a significant age gap.

• Good for her and Good for him, in most states. In others he could be doing some time. As far as what people think, let them think what they want, it is a free country.

• It's your choice you're legal your life. Why ask other people about what they think.

• Honestly your 18, theirs nothing wrong with dating him, but you haven't really figured out what exactly you want youve got nothing but timw when it comes to dating plus he has load of experience over you and has probably done way more than you have, and also a guy that age dating a girl your age is embarrassing there must be something wrong wih him if can't find someone his age just saying..

What Girls Said 12

• I think it is perfectly fine. You are an adult and u make your own choices. Age is but a number. It is the connection that matters not the age gap. I like a 55-year-old man and I am 18. I am just living life. Do u girl. Fuck what society thinks, it is how you two feel about each other not the feelings about the age. The sooner you learn to accept that it age does not matter, the happier you two will be. Live your life the way you want to. That is all I have to say. I wish you two happiness.

• It's pretty gross tbh. He's almost 2x your age. You know it's wrong, hence why you asked.

• That's way too much of an age gap for me, and at 18 I definitely would not have even considered it, but it's your life.

• When I was 19 I met a 34 year old man. 2 years later, were still seeing each other. I haven't felt quite this way about any other guy. The age difference is barely even a thought let alone an issue.

Do what makes you happy.

• You've asked for my opinion and I think it's gross. There are plenty of good looking guys your age to date. He probably can't even sexually satisfy you as much as an 18 year old boy can.

• Kinda gross in my opinion but if you want to date him don't worry about how everyone else views your relationship.

• I think it's creepy but whatever.

• You're a legal adult. I don't care. Try not to get murdered or sold into sexual slavery.

• Age is just a number and it's your life

• Do whatever you want, if you love eachother go for it!

• Hey, you sound like you recently have gotten into this relationship, or are debating whether or not to. I would suggest making sure that he is interested in you because of who you are and not sexually. Make sure you know as much about him as possible before diving into any sort of physical relationship with him, this is important. Other than that advice, age is just a number in terms of love. I would know, because I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 years, and he is 20 years older than I am. We met when I was 18 as well. We have had an amazing relationship and I wouldn't want to change anything about it, because the age difference has been good for us. Because I can bring the fun and adventure into our relationship and he brings the stability and maturity. And although after a certain point age does not matter, society is very judgmental, so don't be suprised if you get quite a few looks and head turns. Just ignore them. But again, before you jump into any relationship with an older guy Make Sure He Is Trustworthy. And live your life.

• It's fine, only how you feel matters