What's a good date for the first meeting in an online relationship?

Im talking to this girl I met online and we are borderline dating. Not official but we act like a couple with each other. We fully intend to meet up in person soon. I was just wondering if anyone had good date ideas for the first official date when I finally meet her.

I am not trying to hook up. I am legitimately trying to be with this girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• alright... since you've never met this person before I would meet 1 on 1 first. Like talk at the park, or in a car, or at each others house. I wouldn't say only do that though because sometimes it can look like you only intend to be sexual or like you don't want to be seen in public together. After you get to get a feel for eachother in person go do something fun!! I would suggest an amusement park... if you're both down for it. You can talk while waiting in line, get close on the ride, and of course have fun.
    Another suggestion would be a hike. Take a hike somewhere, you'll have fun walking and exploring, then you can take a little stop to hammock and cuddle a little, and then head back out.
    I wouldn't suggest dinner or movie. I've had a couple bad/awkward first meets there.
    A movie doesn't allow you to talk and get to know the person. I say save a movie for later. & a dinner date can be awkward on who's paying, not wanting bad breath, not wanting to look like a pig, etc etc.

Well sexual things are gonna happen no matter what. Her idea not mine. But those are all great ideas thank you.

I've thought about this a lot.

I Dont expect her to feel exactly the same right away but the fact that she said yes to a dinner date is a good sign she might get there eventually

Most Helpful Guy

• Pick a casual restaurant like a Chili's... lots of food and drink (alcoholic or not) to choose from , and is cozy enough to stay for hours if u two get super comfortable

What Girls Said 19

• I'm a huge fan of simple dates.. like carnival things or fairs or like a walk in the park and getting ice cream, at least for a first date. Not sure if you want to make it a big thing or not. But in my area we have things like an Italian American festival in the community park and all these food vendors come and you walk around and get things and sometimes those like boardwalk vendors will come and you can win little things with games. I think those dates are super cute.

Well first gotta find out what her\his dislikes and likes and then put it together for the next time meet. Like example maybe going to movies then dinner or other way.

I love that idea. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!!!

@lokilauren thanks! :)

You're welcome! Glad I could come up with something that might work!

• Lunch or coffee something that has a set end time and ending. If you aren't connecting it'll be over soon and if you are, continue it OR by leaving it will make you both want more soon

• It should be in a public place so you both feel comfortable and safe. It should not be too serious. Fun dates are good first dates. Maybe meet at a bowling place, skating rink, or wherever else you two think is fun and then go get drinks or dessert after?

• take her out to bowling to see her personality!!! i don't know why, but bowling works like 90% of the time :D

• It depends on what type of girl she is... what she'd like..

• depending on your wish...
    if it is for pure sexual reasons cos that happens sometimes... a nice satisfying long sex session is a good date.
    if you want to really know the guy and have something special, than talking for hours on the subjects you love.

• Coffee and if that goes well, maybe the zoo or museum

• I have the same thing here and it's good date for me when we speak about what we have and say our secrets and I like how he think

• An arcade, its public & can loosen up any awkward vibes.*

Out for a treat then a stroll in the park.

A buffet , so you guys can be cows together*

How about all three in the order you listed them?

Small treat while at the arcade, then a stroll in the park & hit up a buffet. Boom you're welcome.

That'll be 10 bucks.

• Go hiking

• Probably a chill restruant or movie

• I say a nice lunch or dinner it's somewhere you can get to know each other.

• Go out to eat! It's good to be able to talk to someone you haven't met in person before because they may not seem like the person you were talking to online. See if theirs any red flags and if not they're might be a second date!

Honestly the way she talks I'd be half worried she might roofie me lol

• Something simple where you get to have a lot of conversation.

• Take her to Starbucks

• Dinner.

• How frequently do you text each other?

• Every day. Whenever we are both free.

• Why not ask her where she'd like to go.

Personally I'd love to just go for a coffee then a walk. It's a relaxing atmosphere and we can chat and get to know each other better. It's less informal too. First dates can be daunting so I'd rather do something active or fun, than do something which will make me feel awkward and uncomfortable... Such as going for a meal or to the cinema

• That's also true. I just want something that stands out from other guys and makes her feel special. I want to make an impression on her. Coffee is a great idea but she's probably done it before. Its not unique. Does that make sense?

• Oh Yes I will do that.👍 I'll try to think of some ideas for you. If I think if any I'll post it here for you 😊

• Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

• Well me and my boyfriend went to the beach, played in the arcades and had chips on the seafront. Was still one of our best days

• Sounds like fun. I've never been to her city before so I was mulling over the idea to just have her show me around and explore. How does that sound? From a girls point of view?

• And that I would be buying her clothes

Haha and that

What Guys Said 25

• Coffee... period. Starbucks... pick one with a good brunch spot near by and if it goes well ask her to brunch. Always have something planned that afternoon... don't assume your online chemistry is the same as offline. From the sound of it... looks like your on the right track but still just go for coffee.

• Personally I like to keep things pretty light and low key on a first date. Drinks, dinner, coffee, walk around the park, grab ice cream. Something that doesn't put a lot of pressure on either person and gives you the opportunity to talk. Don't go to the movies, at least not initially, because there is no time to talk or build any chemistry.

I think the one time I did end up dating a girl I met online, we just went and got coffee and just talked for a few hours. We hit it off and the next day, we just went for a walk around town, got some lunch and ice cream, did some window shopping, and just talked and hung out in a nearby park.

• Not recently, but in the past I used to meet a lot of women from online. Meeting up to have lunch or dinner in a restaurant is nice. Coffee at a place like Starbucks is nice if she likes coffee. Often I would meet for coffee first, and then suggest going to a restaurant for lunch if things were going well, in separate cars of course. I would suggest a not too fancy restaurant. She might feel uncomfortable if it were too formal to start.

• i felt like a dinner or meal and then a walk was nice in helping to get to know the person better. i know a lot of people feel like dinner is banal or trite but it gives you a great time to have a 1 on 1 conversation. but generally i'd advise things that give people to be 1 on 1 and have a conversation. a walk after dinner especially in a nice area can be really romantic

• Coffee or a nice lunch/picnic together. Or somewhere fun to do things with, but you can still talk to one another comfortably.

• Something that doesn't cost money (or very little, 5$ max) but can be enjoyable or relaxing and allow you guys to talk. like going for a walk, hike, picnic, play frisby, go fishing, roast marshmallows on a fire with a couple beers or glass of wine etc.. what ever suits your interests most.

• Sounds like you have a good banter going. Typically something simple like meeting for drinks or coffee is best for a 1st date when meeting someone online.

It keeps things brief in case things do not go well at all in person.

• Hang out and talk should be priority, doesn't need to be dinner or anything. Unless she likes movie nights at one of your houses then thats easy (DO NOT GO TO THE MOVIES THOUGH, TERRIBLE FUCKING DATE). staring at a sceen in unison for 2-3 hours and not talking... #wasteoftime.

• Something cheap and easy to escape from. I'd suggest going to Starbucks or someplace like it and just hanging out for a while. That will give you a chance to see if she pulled the ol' "Bait & Switch", using pics from a couple years and 100 pounds ago. And you won't be out much money, nor much time.

And if things go well, you can always take your coffees and go walk around a park and talk some more.

• You are not 'dating' if you haven't met yet.

Go somewhere you can talk, like a coffee shop or a quiet bar. Don't eat, don't go to the movies, get to know each other in person.

I meant we aren't officially dating but we tlak to each other like we are. We tell each other secrets and everything. Pet names. Meeting in person is the only thing left.

• Do an activity so you can both be engaged in something, and so she has FUN. Worry less about impressing her and focus her on having a good time. Involve something that she enjoys doing. Is she in to art? Animals? Cars? Guns?

Don't do a movie. Movies are cute when you're 16 or 17 because you can sit and hold hands (and make out), but once you're an adult it's time to up your game.

She really likes reading and writing but I can't think of anything that involves that short of going to a bookstore but that isn't fun for more than an hour. I want her to have fun most of all but I want her to have fun with me. I want her to remember it specifically with me not just "hey I had fun with that one guy" I want to do it in a way that sets me apart from other guys who are interested in her

• Public area. Low stress, low expectation environment. Coffee shop in a mall. At a local carnival. Some place both parties can get to and get out of easily. Nothing that has a fixed duration like a bus ride or a weekend ski trip etc.

• If you were acting like a couple you would be having sex already.

Seriously, just have lunch or dinner. The point of the date is to get to know each other, which occurs in conversation.

Like the title says we met online. We haven't met in person yet. Can't have sex over the internet. Although she has tried.

Which means you are not acting like a couple... not yet.

We talk to each other like one which is what I said. We call each other pet names we talk for hours. We tell each other things that we Dont tell anyone else. Hell I've seen her naked. Its just the in person thing that's holding us back and that's why I posted this question so I could get some ideas and advice on what to do with her when we finally meet in person

• Bowling? Comedy show?

• I've have done that once, and we just went to the park, it was fun.

• Before anything

Where would 'you' take her?

Well in general terms cuz I Dont know her city probably dinner an arcade a park ice cream shop somewhere like that

I say thats a check for all engines. You're good to go man, fully equipped

Thanks lol. The way you put things is interesting. I'd rather use a piston analogy though

• Dinner and a walk in the park does wonders

• What is your favorite first date destination?

Honestly wherever she is happiest. If I'm taking a girl out its for her enjoyment not mine.

• take her to a karaoke bar

• in a very public place that's well lit

• like another date.

• safety first. somewhere public.

• Smoothies plus a walk in the park

• Summer is nice for dating,

Parks, Beaches, Coffee Shops, Summer events, Theme parks, etc.

• Try and get her to agree on some secluded spot.