Is it that bad if my boyfriend is still underaged?

We graduated from HS this year. When we started our senior year, he was still 16 and then turned 17 on Oct 28 of last yr.

I'm already 18 and my b-day is on Dec. Thing is sometimes he gets confused for a 14 year-old sometimes or I got asked twice if we're siblings.

He wishes his b-day was sooner. It's only two months away but he wants to be 18 already.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are 18 and he is 17, that's fine. Just 1 year difference right.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're age is really close. At this point in both of your lives, it could have a few issues because you're moving on with your life and he is still in high school.

• Nope, he graduated this year too. It's just that our b-days are different. While I had already turned 18 in Dec of last yr and graduated as an 18 year-old, he was still 16 when this year started and turned 17 on Oct 28 of last year. He'll turn 18 two months later from now.

• Ok thank you. He's excited about his upcoming b-day but wishes he was 18 already. Also, he wishes he would stop getting confused for a 14 year-old.

• lols, I guess he has the curse of baby face.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• It's normal and fine. One year age gap isn't a big deal and often legal in the States (assuming you're from there).

• It's only a year, there's nothing wrong with it.

• yo chill. not like ur dating an infant

• True. Just that it can get kind of annoying when others confused him for a kid that just started HS. Though, yes he does look younger than his age.

• It's a year. What's the big deal

• He wishes he was 18 already.