Is it rude to talk about your boyfriend in front of a guy friend?

I was talking to a guy friend about my boyfriend and he told me it's rude to talk about your boyfriend in front of a guy friend. Do you think this is true?

• That is complete BS!
  • Yes.
Talking about boyfriend as in how much you love and admire him, hang out with him, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if your friendship with this guy friend is very strong, very deep then your guy friend may be feel jealous or not like it when you talk about your boyfriend.

• We've only been friends for a few days and it is creeping me the hell out.

• He has been super creepy and was talking about sex out of the blue, how my boyfriend is a cheater, how my boyfriend and me would never last because we're both pilots and how age is just a number (no it isn't. A 19 year old woman would have nothing in common with a 30 year old man). It is disgusting. At first, I was oblivious to his advances. But then, he claimed I am the first African guy I've ever met (He isn't. I've had a lot of friends that were African in the past) and kept turning up to places where I frequent. At first, I thought it was a coincidence. But now, I think he planned it all, and became clingy, telling me when he will be back, etc.

• No, this is not good at all. This is indeed getting ugly now. You should immediately break your friendship with this guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but I suspect if he has a problem with it he might have feelings for you.

• I'm not attracted to him and he's being extremely rude. He thinks I'm "ageist" and "racist". I'm not attracted to African guys and he is 30 while I am 19. I told him I only prefer guys/girls around my age, but he said age is only a number and started talking about sex. I threw the boyfriend trick and he talked about how my relationship with him won't last forever, how he would cheat on me and how usually two pilots would never work out in a relationship. I'm usually oblivious to guy friends being attracted to me because I'm not interested in them that way, and I don't care to pick up the cues. How can I subtly reject him? For weeks, he's appeared in places where I frequent and naively thought it was a coincidence. He said I would never meet an African guy (even I've had plenty of African friends in the past) and how he would keep me busy. I ignored those two cues.

• If I can ask, is he a good friend, like do you actually enjoy hanging out with him? Because it sounds like he clearly has a thing for you, is upset he's not on your radar as a possible boyfriend/sex-friend, and he has ulterior motives for being your "friend". I can't imagine any true friend of mine saying some of the really rude and mean things you mentioned he said to you. My advice is to not be friends with him anymore.

What Guys Said 8

• You may ot know it but this 'guy friend' has a very deep friendship with you1

So naturally, he is jealous when you talk about your boyfriend.

Yes this is silly if the guy is REALLY just a 'friend.'

• Yeah, I think so. I'm usually oblivious when a guy friend is attracted to me because I don't pay attention and pick up the cues. However, a big red flag wavered in front of me when he started talking about how age is a number, if I would date a 30 year old guy, sex, and how my boyfriend would cheat on me and how we would break up. He was being extremely rude. I'm Asian and I'm not sexually attracted to African guys (I'm fine with African-American though). I don't see why it's racist when it's a preference that I cannot control. It's like calling a straight man homophobic just because he is not attracted to gay men.

• Could you answer my question on 'yellow fever?'

• He only sees that as rude because he wants to get with you.

• Do you think it's creepy? We've only been friends for a few days.

• Yeah, he definitely wants to get it on.

• I think it kind of is but I still do it expecially if I can't figure out what the fuck her problem is now lol

• Not mentioning it all the time, but casually once in a while. I do think it's ridiculous. If you think it's rude, it probably means you have feelings for her beyond friendship.

• @WW2Aviatrix No I'm talking as a guy who talks about his girlfriend behind her back cause she doesn't have the communication skills to find a solution or be fucking honest

• depends on what

• No it's not

• ig he feels that way then he obvioudly wants to be more than friends

• But we've only been friends for a few days. He's disgusting and tried to talk about sex with me. And he talked about how age is just a number. I think a 30 year old man would have nothing in common with a 19 year old woman.

• He's just a friend. I don't think he is worth my friendship. I think I will try to distance myself from him.

• thats what i meant. you should cut him out from being friends with.

• I've had my ex crush even kiss her boyfriend in front of me

• That is complete BS!

What Girls Said 4

• If he can't handle the fact that you've got a boyfriend, then he's not worth the title of "friend". If he's going to get pissed off about you talking about your boyfriend, not only is he disrespecting you, but your boyfriend also, because he wants to pretend that you don't have one and make you feel guilty for it later. Tell him that if you aren't free to talk to him about that topic, then you don't want to talk to him at all. It'd be understandable if all you did was talk about your boyfriend, but even then it isn't rude, just dull.

• I don't see why it would be

• I think he's jealous... hahaha

• I think if your SO is uncomfortable with it then you should respect how he feels. It's important to listen and understand any issues your SO has. Compromising is paramount in all relationship

Regardless if you or anyone else feels it's ok , your boyfriend doesn't... so you shouldn't put him in an uncomfortable position when you know it upsets him. It's important to have the utmost respect each others boundaries and feelings

• You didn't read me. I was talking about a guy friend who thinks it's rude to talk about my boyfriend in front of him. Not the other way around.