Is 18 and 22 too much of an age gap?

I recently met this guy who's rather interested in me. He just graduated high school and is going to start going to my college in a couple weeks. He's 18 and I'm 22 next month. Is this weird? I never really thought of age (well obviously being over 17 is important lol but) because I usually go with people who are older than myself, so this is new to me. I know there's maturity and all of that, but I don't know him well enough to judge that so that's not my question haha. Just personally, would it be weird if someone who was 18 was into a 22 year old?

Most Helpful Guy

• no i dont think 4 years is to much of an age gap. its about maturity of the people involved

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird at all. At least he is 18. Any younger would have been a problem even when there is maturity in a relationship. But it is wise to always make your intentions very clear in any relationship.

What Guys Said 16

• No, it's just about fine.

• i don't think it's too large of a gap

• Its 4 years, Its nothing. Haha.

• Determining whether an age gap is too much requires a lot of math, man-math. 22 - 18 = 4
    4 years is not really an age gap.

• From a Man's perspective... If HE is old enough that you could be his Daughter, then its creepy. So 4 years is not bad.

• seriously? dude i still date 18 year olds and im 30 so i hope that little gap is not to much haha

• Not too much at all.

• Not at all.

• Its probably a little unusual for a 22 year old girl to be dating an 18 year old guy but I don't see anything 'wrong' with it.

• It's unusual, but there's nothing wrong with it.

• No. Four years isn't a big deal at all.

• (I've dated women who were older than me before. The largest age gap was something around 7 years.)

• No its only 4 years...

• I think you've known him for a while but were waiting till he turned 18 BUT whatevs. You shouldn't be ashamed of this, if any of your female friends try to shame you its probably because they're jealous... If we as guys do it why not?

• No, it's nothing and ages gaps get relatively smaller each year you get older too.

• Its really funny that retarded older women start judging young guys because they are a couple of years younger, i think if you don't feel good with him don't play games just leave him he deserves someone that doesn't judge on age.

• Go for it he'll be thrilled to date an older woman.

What Girls Said 2

• Well that's unusual, but I think that if you two are happy together then the age gap doesn't matter ! madona is in the 60's and her boyfriend (or ex boyfriend i don't know) was in the 20's ! listen to your heart and everything will be fine

• I would never date a guy that young, but that just my opinion. If you like him and he likes you go for it.