Gemini man interested in Virgo woman; how should I approach a Virgo women who is going cold or playing hard to get?

So, I'm a 36 year old Gemini man (I point out astrology here because I believe it holds some truth) who just recently moved to a small town. I don't know a soul. I met a women out at a bar and we were friendly with each other but I really didn't take much interest; as i wasn't attracted to her. We decided to leave the bar and go to another one to close it out. We exchanged numbers during the night. Turns out she's 39, a trauma nurse, a Virgo, and ended a relationship with a man after 7 years but has lived with him off and on for the past 2; in her house, because he didn't have anywhere else to go. Yeah... I don't know wtf that means? I had zero interest in contacting her but she ends up texting me 2 weeks later; she's out, a little drunk and invites me out... I turn her down but ask for a rain check. We end up texting for a while and exchange our relationship status...(oh she had said she kind of had a boyfriend our first meeting) she tells me she's actually single; I tell her I've been out of a 2 1/2 year relationship for about 6 months. We end up flirting but I tell her I'm not looking for something serious and that we could be friends but I warn her I have a tough time simply being friends with women. She says thats cool and says she can be my wingwomen and wants to hang out. So I jokingly invite her to come over my place to go skinny dipping... thinking she'd scoff at it and give me some crap... she didn't, she loved the idea! but said she couldn't that night. The next day it happens after a few drinks while out. To try and make the story shorter... we end up hooking up in the pool and spending most of the night together but no full on sex. But now I'm super attracted to her and see her differently than I did before. We both agreed we had a lot of fun together. Since then I've attempted a couple times to invite her out. I came on too strong with my interest for her... She's backed off. Why and what do I do now?

What Girls Said 1

• "ended a relationship with a man after 7 years but has lived with him off and on for the past 2; in her house, because he didn't have anywhere else to go. "
    Red alarm. Don't go out with her. Her staying with her ex will obviously cause a lot of problems in the long run. But you already know that, right?

• yeah... its super weird, but for some reason I trust what she's telling me. That its been over for two years and she has no plans or interest in being or getting back together with him. But yeah... who knows? I could be the guy she's cheating on her boyfriend with? Yeah... i realize the red flags... I do know what you are saying. Man did we have some chemistry though! It was blazing hot!!!

What Guys Said 1

• Why would you even want to approach a woman who isn't interested in you?

• because its casual... I'm not looking for something serious. She was the initial aggressor pursuing me... so she's interested to some degree. Just claims she's not interested in a relationship.