Why do you hate ONLINE DATING? What is your STICKING point?

Seriously... just be honest but don't get mad If I say you are lazy with those stupid selfies in your toothpaste stained mirrors and dirty bedrooms. Most of you are lazy when it comes to online dating then cry that it doesn't work and frankly I can't stand it anymore. For those of you who say it's only for the good looking people I say... blah blah blah... thats not true. The truth is most people put up online dating profiles within 5 minutes just so they can hurry up and start looking at the profiles. I get it... but you never go back and fix your profile or your photos or your grammar.

So let's be honest here... which is it? Are you just lazy or do you really need some help? I will be happy to help as long as your honest with what is really going on. So please... let me know... why you think it's not working for you so I can steer you in the right direction. Of course... they say... you can only lead a horse to water... but you can't make them...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be open for it because there aren't a lot of guys who have the qualities I like in the area I live in. However, so far, I haven't needed to go online. I think it's a good way to date though, you get to meet people you would probably never have known existed before :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do I dislike on-line dating.
    Okay.
    The reasons include, but are not limited to:
    1. If the pix of the woman is of someone who looks better than a swamp donkey, the profile is a fake created by either the site owners to part men from their money, or scammers in Nigeria or Ghana.
    2. It has been my experience that the small number of female profiles that are genuine belong to women who have psychiatric disorders.
    3. During my brief experimentation with on-line dating, I tried two sites. As well as the experiences stated above, on each site I received about 200 messages each week from black men in Ghana and Nigeria who pretended, very badly, to be white women in some far-away place who needed financial help to return home so that they could become the love of my life. For a while, It seemed that the Ghanian capital, Akra, was packed with beautiful white women who had been doing some sort of humanitarian work with the United Nations, but had fallen on hard times and were stuck in Akra.

• @cth96190 These don't sound like online dating sites but maybe HOOK UP sites? The owners of Match. com are not creating profiles so not sure what sites you stumbled upon but they don't sound really good. 200 messages each week? What site was this?

Adultfriendfinder. com was one. I cannot remember the other site.

What Girls Said 8

• It does suck and I sometimes think the men who browsed my profile might think I'm too masculine because I enjoy 4x4ing and hunting and guns. Seems most want girly girl types, not sure but I'm not going to change for someone and I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression of me by not stating what I enjoy doing or the type of man I'd prefer.

So... I either just give up on it or waste my $. I gave up. The man of my dreams apparently does not exist.

• @tenseven Maybe most do but its all about finding that ONE right? Patience is the key... ignore all the rest.

• @Botchie no way! I do watch tv as well but I'd much rather be out hiking, biking, hunting or camping any ole day. Screw that mall shopping thing too. Yuck.

@Tenseven A little TV never hurt anyone, but if it's all someone does, they aren't interesting. But hunting, hiking, biking, and even mountain climbing (figured I'd complete the rhyme haha) all make someone diverse, healthy, and interesting for sure! Because they'd be down for almost any adventure with no complaints. I'm dying to find a girl who's into all that stuff right now. But most girls I come across are on the lame Netflix hype train hahahaha.

• A lot of people with emotional baggage go on online dating. They tend to hide stuff better. I absolutely hate it now. I actually am dating a guy I met online and it hasn't even been 2 months and I'm not liking it. I deleted all my apps, if this guy doesn't work out I'm never resulting to online dating ever again.
    I'm definitely not lazy when it comes to online dating either. I take my time and talk to people, but it just does not work at all.

• I think it's stupid. Why would you meet people through your phone when you could meet someone in real life?

• Because the person you better relate to might not live where you live. Why settle for someone who kinda matches you and lives near by, when you can get a perfect match somewhere else. That's why.

• If you don't have time to ask out a girl you don't have time for a girlfriend.

• With age comes more responsibility and less time to do the things you would rather do. Even successful people barely find time to go out and date and likely the person you're dating is in the same busy situation. Adulthood is a different ballgame. Enjoy all the free time you have in your teens while it lasts.

• Online dating is NOT for me x 10000000000000!!!

Tired of skeptics thinking my pics and profile are fake.
    So OVA messages like "gold digger" + "whore" + "slut" + "catfish" + "eat a burger"

I just don't have the energy.

• I am going to shoot you straight. It's not that Online dating isn't for you and that you are tired of the skeptics... you care too much of what others think... complete strangers that you don't even know... get you to lose energy and give up. You don't need energy to ignore people who are lower value then you. Why give them so much?

• @HelpingMcHelpington She is not here for help just to answer the question. Thanks though.

• @HelpingMcHelpington
      They were all pm's from various men and even some girls.
      ie: I never initiate anything... online or offline.

Tbh, its not even an issue anymore.
      I tried it.
      It didn't work.
      I date people I meet offline when out.
      + I finally got verified on a site with no headaches.
      Peace xo

• That's a very well put together question, OP. I've had a commited relationship online in the past from a chat/game site.

Though I think sites specifically made for dating are stupid.

• Even the mere idea of it is boring.

• I try off and on in short intervals with long breaks in between because it's lame. Convenient for my busy lifestyle but lame at the same time.

I'm skimming through people my age and somewhat older gents and learning how badly people suck at talking in this digital age. They can't carry a conversation for shit. They will have a profile loaded up with photographs of their adventures and a bio naming off all their interests. Ask questions about them and what do you get? Short answers, they don't ask questions, dull flirtatious comments about my looks, in fact they don't seem interested in anything that doesn't involve flattery that will lead up to sex talk.

• A lot of the guys I met online were super weird.

What Guys Said 13

• I have nothing agaisnt dating people online to be honest with you, my problem is with dating websites. I just never liked them, it kind of takes everything out of finding a partner, the whole thing just seems fake, you know why everyone is there, you never know who's real, who's not and if they'll even be the same person you meet in real life.

Call me old fashioned but I'd just rather meet people naturally by chance whether that's online in a place like this by chance or by chance in real life. Then by waiting for people to look at my profile and swipe left or right or whatever you do on those sites. But dating sites just aren't my scene.

PS: I'm not looking for a response to this opinion I'm just answering your question so no need to reply to this.

• I love online dating. The shit is practically effortless lol. I have no idea why guys are saying it's stupid.

>Download tinder
    >Upload shirtless pics
    >Be a douche and make chicks laugh
    >Pull number
    >Proceed to fuck

Slootiest chicks alive on tinder.

• I've been on dating sites for several years now and rarely obtain any results. I messaged hundreds of women, and about 1% of which I message yield a response. and 1% among those who respond I even got to meet. None of which I dated again after the first time.

I know a big part of it is that I need new pictures. And I don't really have anyone who can help me take photos. (That and I feel odd about asking someone to take a photo of me.)

• @words_and_wisdom I hear you... my clients biggest beef is no responses no responses. People take way too much time and thought into sending messages that might relate to the girl or seem witty or funny. Problem is they get 20-50 messages a day. So it really is all about shock n awe. The point of the message is to get their attention NOW. My favorite message to use is PLEASE DON'T GOOGLE ME and PLEASE DON'T ASK ME WHY. They always respond with why? So I got their attention.. now I can actually talk to them.

• I'm aware of how much attention women get. I made a fake female profile just to gain some perspective. Can easily say I'm envious of them lol.

And I tend to just type out the first thing that comes to mind, something silly and humorous. Still struggle getting attention though.

• I like this scene a lot. So true online and off.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IShHOub-PO0

• I hate it because I send extremely thoughtful and witty messages relevant to the girl's profile, yet I get ignored most of the time (Cleaning out my messages 154/176 messages were ignored. There were 3 or 4 genuine conversations and the remainder were only met with a "How are you?" response). It's quite a hit to my confidence as it happens more and more often despite friends and coworkers saying that I'm decent looking and make any girl lucky to have me.

• I don't hate it, i just think "hey do you want to go out on a date with me this Friday at 8" is easy to say in person, others might freeze up. And i would not say i am lazy nor in need of some help, I'm just living my life. Girls come and go.

• I'll be honest. Online dating is a joke in my opinion. (No offense to anybody)
    Sharing feelings is something that - In my opinion- needs to be more real than virtual online dating. It's just not good enough. I've never dated anyone myself but this is how I feel about it.

• All the fake accounts and spam bots turn me off of online dating.

• It's fine

• It's just not for me.

• "Here to help"? Probably not.

• Actually there are so many fake profiles on there its discouraging , catfish and scammers are all over them

• OMG catfish and scammers? Fake profiles? So many? So not true not even close. Does it exist sure but for the most part it doesn't affect my clients whatsoever. Is this what is preventing you from meeting someone? All the scammers and fake profiles?

• Those sites aren't even real sites... go to POF or OKCUPID... then get back to me.

• POF didn't work at all , I also tried Zoosk but I guess I'll try OKCUPID next and see

• I love it. That's where I get all my pussy.

• I know for sure I won't find anyone interesting. There are people for anything rather than for serious things. Besides, it's mostly odd people with fake profiles who lie about almost everything they tell. Most of them have personality disorder. They are what no one else wants. Also, it's not the way I like. Eye contact and listening to her voice, how she talks, is important when it comes to knowing that person.

• Wow you know for sure. That is an amazing power. I was not prepared for these responses.

• All of those things are what makes them easy to fuck on the first date.