Why don't guys like it if we pay for the whole date?

I've asked out three guys a couple months ago.
Going dutch isn't my style and I like putting more effort, esp if I can afford it.
Guy 1: it was 30 bucks
Guy 2: 42 bucks
Guy 3: 28 bucks
I was willing to pay for the whole date (after all I did the asking out) but they insisted on helping. Two of them split it in half and the last one paid 20 bucks.

Yes, I've also been asked out but I don't mins asking out guys either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this is just my own personal preference and my upbringing but I was raised to be a man, a gentleman and a honorable person, I don't like anyone paying for anything for me. Not when I can pay for it myself and you know if I ask you out, then it's my duty to pay for it, and even if it was the other way around and you asked me I'd still insist that I at the least pay for what I ordered if you wouldn't let me pay for it all together. It just seems like the ethical and right thing to do.

Call me old fashioned but that's just the way I am, I'm a very old school kind of guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same happened to me. I asked him/suggested the date location, day and time. I offered to pay for his food and he said no and was a little upset that I paid for my own food and didn't let him pay. It was our 2nd and last date haha

I wasn't use to dating so I thought it'd be nice to split the bill or reciprocate. I guess some guys see it as an insult like we're saying that he can't afford it on his own.

Next time I'm not gonna offer to pay caz things always go sour :/

What Guys Said 14

• It's a pride thing. We took part in it so we feel obligated that we should pay for at least our half.

Honestly, the girls worth dating tend to feel the same way.

• Becouse as a guy we feel like its are job to take care of you its in our dna

• I always either pay half or total. I'm not sure if it's about a masculinity thing for most guys, but for me I just fell guilty!

• guys are tough guys, and girls are soft girls

• YOU DARE QUESTION OUR MANLY HOOD BY OFFERING TO PAY? Complete nonsense!! We don't do it just for you, we do it for pride, for honour, FOR GLORY!!

• If you were a real women, you'd make it happen and pay for reals. Not half assing it

He's obviously more fierce than you if you still took his money with the intent to pay.

Average effort though. Not bad 🤓

• It wouldn't bother me but I'd want to pay if I asked her out. That or we can always split.

• splitting the bill is better than one person paying for everything.

• lol id have let you pay the whole damn thing. if you insisted, that is.

• No it just doesn't feel right.

• Who the fuck cares about a date, anyway.

Prostitutes are not much more expensive.

• Because honestly we feel like assholes if we let the woman pay the whole thing.

• We can't trust women. It could be a test. A lot of women do that. Safer to just pay.

• It's a sense of pride among men. It makes us feel like the man in the relationship. Now if it's like our birthday or something then maybe we'll let you pay if it's not too expensive

What Girls Said 5

• Because a lot of people don't like ha ing others pay their way for them. It's perfectly normal and I think insisting you pay everything is a bit of a dick move to be honest. If someone wants to pay their share let them, they may not want to be beholden to you.

• I think it is a pride and common courtesy-dating ethics. I would make him pay for the whole thing-I usually do cuz I am poor.

• their lame pride...

• Because you are dating real men and not fuckboys.

• It's the gentlemanly thing to do.