Would you date a girl who likes piercings?

I'm 19 and feel as though intelligent girls who are into peircings are looked down upon. Some part of me says I shouldn't give a care but I'd like to know if piercings affect your opinion of a girl (in terms of approaching them ie in a club or library)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally like piecing on a lady, I don't have am issue with them. So no to me it's not a bad thing and I definitely don't think less of a lady who has piercings

Most Helpful Girl

• while i'd never get piercings or tattoos anywhere near my face (or that can't be concealed), whether or not someone else has them doesn't affect me or influence my opinion of that person. if you can hold your own in an intelligent conversation, i'll happily talk to you.

(i have 4 piercings in my left ear, 3 on the right, and a tattoo on my left shoulder... all of which i got in my mid-20s, and all of which are super-easy to cover up, should i end up working in a stuffy, conservative office lol.)

What Guys Said 11

• Yes. I went out with a girl who had decent size gauges and I thought she looked so cute with them.

• Id date a girl with piercings i think piercings are sexy!!!

• I'd date someone with piercings and I have dated girls with piercings.

• Intelligence is irrelevant. Piercings, apart from a single pair of earrings or studs, are a huge deal breaker for me.

• I appreciate your honesty but I've realised that I wouldn't be into a person who's not into what I'm into if I really like it then we'd compromise instead of seeing it as a deal breaker. Thanks though

• I know you didn't mention tats. I did! As a further example of what I dislike. I would not date a lady with either piercings or tats, no matter how beautiful she otherwise is.

• I concur with this response.

• totally

• depends on the piercing.

-Nose, lip, those huge ear hole things, eyebrow = Nope.

ear's (lots or few) tongue, naval, clit, nipple = Yup.

• I was looking for someones opinion who's closer to my age than my dad's. Thank you though.

• Then say so up front and you'll get a lot less people over the age of 20 giving you their opinion. You may also want to change your age from 25-29, to 19 as well. Did you set it to 25-29 because you thought it would make people take your opinions more seriously?

• Pierced nipples

Laawwdd

• Too many piercings is a real turn off for men.

• You're 53 and apparently represent the whole male species. Thanks though

*my.
      **as you can see replying to old guys on a chat thread apparently decreases my ability to use correct grammar.
      ***forgive me sir.

Well, I don't think piercings affect intelligence, per se, but thete's a difference between being "book smart" and "street smart". Being street smart means being well aware of human nature and interpersonal politics and relationships. For instance, "book smart" tells us, in theory, piercings should have nothing to do with personality. The reality is that, to a street smart person - the kind of person who survives and does well in the real world - sees these piercings as a detriment. This is what goes on in their head when looking at someone with too many piercings: "This person with too many piercings is focused on theirself too much and is either not aware or does not care about their future in the real world where perceptions are very important. They endanger their future with so many piercings. Furthermore, this lack of perception or ignorance about the real world is more dangerous. I need to avoid this person."

• Piercings show mental instability. I avoid.

• nah.

• "intelligent girls who are into peircings"

I don't consider women who are into piercings (OR tattoos) to be intelligent.

• No offense but you're around 30. I don't expect you to understand.

• I never said you're a bad guy. Just thankful you made me realise that you're not my kind of guy and that's perfectly fine. To each their own.

• No, but seriously: why would you not regard girls who are into piercings or tattoos as intelligent?

What Girls Said 10

• It doesn't affect my opinion of her, but I am on the same boat as a lot of people: I feel like there are some people who essentially dock points off of their physical appearance with certain piercings, or a blatant over abundance. I don't feel like if affects their intellect by any means.

• I think they can look sexy on certain girls. Depends on their location though. Some piercings are just inconvenient, dangerous or look trashy. But that last bit is personal taste.
    I read the interesting idea somewhere that if you look very personal/unique, more people are going to hate you AND more people are going to love you; they'll just have stronger opinions about you in general, while if you look very plain, their opinions will be more plain as well. So just rock your piercings if you like them and surround yourself with like-minded people instead of worrying about the hate.

Could be bullcrap but it sounds partially logical.

• I'm a Math teacher who got my nose pierced not for fashion but it is part of my culture. So much to explain why but it just our tradition. Am I dumb? If they refuse to compromise on this matter, they can get lost. You shouldn't ask the introvert guys on here whether they would date you or no. I doubt they have been in any relationships though. I don't have problem getting guys at all. You do what you want.

• No we're not. At least I'm never looked down but people do tend to think I'm dumb because of my facial piercings.

• What piercings do you have if you don't mind me asking?

• Nose, lip, septum (almost never wear it though), tongue, belly button, and a bunch on ears.

• I have piercings and I can honestly say that I didn't notice any difference on how people view or treat me, might depend on the kind and amount of piercings, too, but I certainly never had problems getting along with people or with people approaching me in general.

• Yes I would.

• I am not a fan. I have none and I don't believe that having one speaks of any positive intelligence. Even if the girl is intelligent it lowers her overall persona

• Do what you want. Don't care what others think

• If you were intelligent then you probably wouldn't want a bunch of holes in your skin

• I wouldn't date a girl regardless of whether or not she likes piercings. I know some guys would date a girl who likes piercings.