Boyfriend of 4 years rated me a 7/10?

What the hell does a 7 out of 10 even mean? Is that attractive or not?

He also said that if I tried harder on my hair and makeup, it would bump me up to a 8. I almost never wear makeup :/

Most Helpful Guy

• 7/10 is pretty good, no? Means considerably above average if average is 5/10.

8/10 is usually outstanding.

10/10 is usually unattainable unless he's madly in love with you and becomes blind to all other women in the world (a feeling that usually doesn't last forever).

That said, did you ask him to rate you? If so, it sounds like he gave a very honest answer. If he just said you were a 7/10 out of the blue, I think that's a tad rude since we all want to pretend like we're 10/10 in our partner's eyes.

• Lol I did ask him to rate me and I rated him. Guess he gave me what I asked for hahaha

• I think the fact that he's with you as others pointed out is the most important part. It sounds like he's the type to be fairly blunt and honest about these things, not the type to sugarcoat everything, but at least you can count on him for an honest opinion unlike most male partners who would say their girlfriends look stunning on a day even if they're at their worst that day.

• If I tried to rate my wife as objectively as I can, I'd say she's a 7/10 as well (though I generally wouldn't tell her that), where my idea of "average" is 5/10. She's slim, in good shape, and has a pretty face.

But she's an unusual type who looks better when she's naked or close, at which point I'd bump her to 8.5/10 when she's naked. A lot of girls are opposite to me, they tend to look better dressed than nude or close.

So often when my wife is in a bikini or something, a lot of guys come up to me and say, "Dude, I didn't know your wife was so hot!" which makes me kind of flattered and irritated at the same time.

Most Helpful Girl

• He was being honest. Everybody isn't gonna be a 10. It's okay.

What Guys Said 17

• daaaaaaang!!! he burned you.. holy hell.
    hey, take the positive out of this... he was honest... dont look at the neg. I'm pretty sure he loves YOU... but your looks... not just as much..
    yea.. guys compartmentalize... and women need to deal with that.
    "yea i don't like that your left titty is smaller than your right titty.. but i love you all the same"...
    guys deal... so deal.

• That's how he feels; not everyone can look attractive. Just because you aren't ideally beautiful doesn't mean he doesn't want to be with you.

• Depends on his scale.

For me 5 is average and the bare minimum to be considered attractive. So 4 is unnatractive and anything in the 1-3 range is where they are actually unpleasant to look at. 7 would be above average and decently attractive and then the closer to 10 they are the more excited I would be to have sex with them.

So in my opinion 7 is pretty good.

• 7 is definitely attractive. pretty and clearly above average.

you should be happy. looks like he gave you an honest opinion and it's a good one.
    or do you rather have him lying just to tell you what you wanna hear.

• You had a boyfriend for 4 years and you're telling me he gave you a 7/10 and actual "advice" on how to bump it up? To an 8? If what's going on isn't already dead obvious to you..

Good luck.

• HAAAA!!! GAYYYYEEE!!! LMFAOOOO!!! You wanted an honest answer. But seriously if you're still dating him and giving him pussy you're stupid...

• Kind of a dick move.
    I'm of the opinion that your SO should always be 10/10 as you love them and they love you

• thats weird, usually if i date a girl she is always a 10 for me. how much would you rate your boyfriend?

• You should have told him he's a 6 snd if he fixes his personality, it will bump him up to a 8.

• thats good i guess it means your pretty not super pretty but pretty enough, also he was trying to tell you to actually give a shit about your looks, i know its shocking but men want women to try and look their best.

• Don't ask questions when you can't handle the answers.
    Did you think you were a 10 or something lol

• It means he's honest lol

• You're not hot. Just cute.

• he is a smart man...
    dont care about that

• 10 is unicorns, it's too subjective beyond 7-8.

7 is quite good. Ending up with a 9 or 10 is rather-luck based. I think 8's are usually achieved with make up.

You shouldn't be expecting 10.

• 7/10 equals a 70%, which in most schools, if not all, is considered a C. C's are considered "average". So, he's calling you average, not hot

• Who cares. He's with you, that's what matters.

What Girls Said 3

• Am I the only one who thinks rating people's looks should stop already?

• hahahahahahahahahaha
    seriously tho what a dick

• Wow. That's cruel!