Extremely confused - interested then not? Please help?

Okay so I asked a lady at my work out, I'd really never spoken to her much but she seemed really nice. She agreed to meet for coffee on the weekend. The day before the date we were able to have a bit of a chat and she seemed keen to stick around me and talk, no escape attempts etc (ie trying to bring in other people and whatnot).

So the date comes around, we spend over an hour talking and laughing. Lots of eye contact, she was frequently playing with her hair, jewellery, and neck. Didn't check her phone at all. Near the end she sucked on her lower lip twice whilst maintaining eye contact, and everything seemed to be going well.

She then needed to leave, and at that point I asked if she'd like to do it again. She'd turned slightly away from me (having a cheek kiss or hug basically impossible) and said something like 'yeah, maybe, in a couple of weeks' but in a tone that to me pretty definitively said 'no'.

Basically I'm just really confused here. I'm far from the best person in the world at reading women, but it seemed really positive up to that point. Any ideas if I'm misreading anything, any clues I should've been looking for etc? Basically any help at this point would be great, she's really lovely and I'd like to know what I missed - without asking her of course, that would be ever so slightly awkward.

One extra thing is that we actually spoke about not reading into things - ie take things at face value. So that's even more confusing in that her words seemed positive-ish but her body language and tone were quite negative. So do I read into it or not?

What Girls Said 1

• She might think you're okay and she agreed on the date; the date might have been okay, but maybe she wasn't enojoying it that much but was just nice and realized she is just not that into you. It's really hard to say... you can ask her out again and if she says okay good and if she says no then I guess she is not interested

• Yeah that's the thing, I just have no idea. One thing I do remember is that we actually spoke about not reading into things - ie take things at face value. So that's even more confusing in that her words seemed positive-ish but her body language and tone were quite negative.

• I'll definitely ask her out again.

After everything I messaged her and told her it has been a pleasure to chat to her and get to know her better. I wasn't expecting a response, but then she replied that it had been "great to chat to [me]!", that she'd see me at work, and a smiley face. I'm not reading too much into that, except that it seems like an odd thing to say if she wasn't interested, given that she knows I am.

• Yeah, but again she might just be polite... I don't say she is not into you, but that you need to be careful. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• She might be or might not like was already said, ask her again and you will get your answer