My ex wants to get back together, should I get back with him or not?

Me and my ex broke up about a month ago and I still have feelings for him and yesterday he messaged me saying this (I'll post a pic of our convo) basically saying he wants to get back together and stuff and then he also posted this statues (I'll post a pic) on fb right after our convo and then he also called me and we talked on the phone and he basically said the same thing and he wants to meet up to talk. I mean I want to get back with him because I still really like him but I just don't wanna be hurt again. He's the one who broke up with me before and his reason for that was because he needs to get his life figured out and just wanted to be friends. What do you think I should do? He also messaged me after I posted a pic on fb

Tbh I also think the excuse for the break up is not because he doesn't have his life figured out I think it's another reason but he's not telling me

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, my motto is "only forward" in that you never go back. But if you still want to, you need to ask yourself what has changed. His behaviour? What you want from this relationship? And so on. If the answer is "nothing" then I wouldn't bother. However, if there has been a fundamental *genuine* shift for the better then by all means try again.

Ultimately, only you can truly answer this question. I wish you all the best whatever decision you make.

• I feel like the reason we broke up was because I was too "clingy" because I always meesged him first and always asked to hungout and even when we saw each other I was awaits really shy and never talked a lot, but now I'd say I've changed I won't be clingy I'll never message him first unless I need to or unless we've been together for a really long time and now I'm not shy and stuff anymore I'm more confident and thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• A month is not very long. Do you truly believe he already has his life figured out? I don't.

• I don't think so either but I have a feeling it's a different reason why we broke up

• Hmm I don't know. I wouldn't go back to him immediately. In general, during the first month, you are not over your ex and can't think straight. I think he needs more time because he is still missing you. I was like that when I broke up with my ex. I wanted him back for 2 months. After that I realized that I broke up for a reason.

What Guys Said 1

• NO... same issues will be there if you get back together. Move on.

What Girls Said 2

• This is something only you can decide.

• He clearly needs more time to figure himself out and you definitely need some time to heal.