Why do so many girls on tinder not reply but still stay matched?

I know tinder is just an app at the end of the day, and usually if I message a girl and she doesn't reply I just move on to the next one. But it's been happening so much lately where a girl and I will match, I'll message her and she'll reply once and that's it, yet she won't unmatch.
For example, last week I matched with probably the most gorgeous girl I've ever matched with so I was pretty excited for that. I messaged her and thought I had a pretty good opening line and was really happy when she replied and it wasn't just something boring like "hey" or "hi", but she actually seemed super interested. I replied to her again and then nothing. I messaged her again the next day and still nothing. Should I message her again in a day or two or should I just give up and move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she's a robot. For some reason, my Twitter followers have exploded in robots over the past few weeks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Move on. Some research was done and girls in general, even ugly ones get a TON of messages. Guys get lucky if they get a few.

What Girls Said 4

• Some women just use Tinder for no other reason than boredom, and to see who is attracted to them. They are not sincerely looking for a relationship. Just fishing matches (instead of likes).

• Just leave her reply. She's probably busy. Or met someone already

• The more matches I get the less the chance that I will continue replying to any given one

• She's playing mind games. Just don't worry she'll text back in a few days

What Guys Said 2

• Cause most of them are fakes.
    If you haven't noticed a lot of the bio's are the same.
    And wonder why most are just pics? Cause they are random pics lol

• Validation