I usually don't know how to react politely so I usually just shut it down ASAP. I don't want to lead the guy but somehow my friends say that I'm too harsh.
Like for example one guy friend started calling me gorgeous (I had a feeling that he liked me but he never acted like it until then). So I just quickly said "Bet you don't say that to all your friends, and I mean the guy ones so don't try it on me'
He just said sorry and that he won't do it again... I guess I shouldn't have overreacted from a compliment but I was just so use him treating me like a guy friend and loved our friendship. Maybe if he eased into and I wasn't caught off guard I'd been receptive but unfortunately we aren't friends anymore. After that he just slowly stopped talking to me.
Another classmate of mine finally did out right tell me that he liked me. I just told him "I know but can you not?"
I didn't know how else to say that I didn't feel the same. I wouldn't just pretend not to hear what he confessed because a guy did that to me before and it felt horrible. I'd rather a guy straight up tell me he doesn't feel the same so I can move on and don't waste time.
- She acts like she didn't even hear you then changes the topic9% (1)0% (0)3% (1)Vote
- She calls you ugly0% (0)5% (1)3% (1)Vote
- She says that's nice but I have a boyfriend18% (2)10% (2)13% (4)Vote
- She says 'I know' then frowns or rolls her eyes9% (1)0% (0)3% (1)Vote
- She says 'I'm flattered but unfortunately my feelings aren't mutual'64% (7)75% (15)71% (22)Vote
- She ignores you from then on and never speaks to you again0% (0)5% (1)3% (1)Vote
- She just tells you to leave her alone and stop liking her0% (0)5% (1)4% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Say "im flattered, but my feelings aren't mutual."... leave out the "unfortuantely" part... and when you say it be direct and look at him in the eyes0
Most Helpful Girl
I think telling them that you're flattered is nest because you're making it a happy moment by complimenting their taste0