Guys when you tell a girl that you like her, which of these rejections hurt the least?

I usually don't know how to react politely so I usually just shut it down ASAP. I don't want to lead the guy but somehow my friends say that I'm too harsh.

Like for example one guy friend started calling me gorgeous (I had a feeling that he liked me but he never acted like it until then). So I just quickly said "Bet you don't say that to all your friends, and I mean the guy ones so don't try it on me'
He just said sorry and that he won't do it again... I guess I shouldn't have overreacted from a compliment but I was just so use him treating me like a guy friend and loved our friendship. Maybe if he eased into and I wasn't caught off guard I'd been receptive but unfortunately we aren't friends anymore. After that he just slowly stopped talking to me.

Another classmate of mine finally did out right tell me that he liked me. I just told him "I know but can you not?"
I didn't know how else to say that I didn't feel the same. I wouldn't just pretend not to hear what he confessed because a guy did that to me before and it felt horrible. I'd rather a guy straight up tell me he doesn't feel the same so I can move on and don't waste time.

• She acts like she didn't even hear you then changes the topic
  • She calls you ugly
  • She says that's nice but I have a boyfriend
  • She says 'I know' then frowns or rolls her eyes
  • She says 'I'm flattered but unfortunately my feelings aren't mutual'
  • She ignores you from then on and never speaks to you again
  • She just tells you to leave her alone and stop liking her

Most Helpful Guy

• Say "im flattered, but my feelings aren't mutual."... leave out the "unfortuantely" part... and when you say it be direct and look at him in the eyes

Most Helpful Girl

• I think telling them that you're flattered is nest because you're making it a happy moment by complimenting their taste

What Guys Said 5

• All of those except She says 'I'm flattered but unfortunately my feelings aren't mutual' are the reason guys don't approach women anymore.

• All she needs to say is that is involved, or has a BF/GF. No more needed!! That is enough, and honest-sounding, and non-hurtful!!

• 'I'm flattered but unfortunately my feelings aren't mutual'

• F is perfect. The others are full of flaws.

What Girls Said 4

• sad, no *see results* option :(

• Tell him you have a boyfriend

• Not sure, try each and see what happens

• Say you have a boyfriend and that you're happy together