How long should I wait on a woman to get back to me on a good time to go on a date?

So I recently got digits from this girl I like. She told me that whenever she has time we can go out, even though she works a lot. Anyways we texted eachother for a day or two and I finally just said let me know when you have some free time so we can go out. She said sure and that was it. I don't know if I misread it but I took that as sign she is interested but she didn't give me a time or date. I plan not to say anything and be patient until she gets back to me seeing is that I don't want to look pushy. I do have a cut off point. If I don't hear back from her by the end of this week I'll just assume she was that interested. Any advice on doing this differently?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• Nah, I think you've got it covered. You've put the ball in her court, that's great.. You literally don't and shouldn't have to put any more effort in. You don't want to be chasing after someone who isn't interested in you so if she doesn't get back by the end of the week, forget about it and move on.

Considering she didn't try to immediately work out a time right after you suggested going out, it could mean that she might not get back to you. I've been in that situation before and if she was really keen she would have made an effort to arrange a time then even if she was very busy. However she could still get back to you, but like I said.. Don't worry about it if she doesn't and whatever you do, don't follow it up with her if she doesn't. In the future, just because I don't like waiting, if I'll suggest we go out and I'll make her choose a date immediately and if she can't do that then I'll just forget about it... Be assertive and get what you want when you want it, that's an attractive quality.

• She did emphasize that she works a lot of hours per week. She seems like a nice person I just hope she wouldn't lead me on by saying sure. She could have just said no. I'm very confident she will get back to me though. I'm sure she knows that I like her.

• Yeah, some people just have trouble saying no though. However if you're confident she'll get back to you there's no need to worry.