Are you in Way Better Shape when you are Single?

So recently I began dating a girl and she seems cool. The other day, I checked out her Facebook profile and I see she had probably lost 25 pounds or so from a year ago. Also, looked like she weighed the higher amount for awhile.

so do you think she'll get chunky again? Does your weight change much single to taken?

Most Helpful Girl

• my weight fluctuates pretty frequently - I am almost always gaining or losing 5 or so lbs. I also try different ways of eating really often so that's probably part of the reason. but overall my weight fluctuation is independent of my relationship status - it just bothers me less when I am in a relationship.

What Girls Said 15

• Does it really matter what her weight is going to be in the future? You should like her for her personality, not her weight. And my weight hasn't changed since I've been single to in a relationship.

Yes her weight does matter. I am not one to bitch about 5 or 10 pounds, but 25 radically changed someone's appearance

• It really depends. I was 135 lbs when I met my ex boyfriend. he's hypoglycemic so has to eat a lot and I would end up eating whenever he ate. When he did eat it would be a lot of sugar because his body was always craving energy. So yeah... I blew up like a balloon. I weigh 175 now but we've been broken up for a year. I think I was 160 when we broke up and after that of course I was depressed and kept binge eating. I'm on a healthier path now though but I'd say if someone were super into fitness and had an overweight partner it might encourage them to lose weight

• No really... Some people who are single gain weight for other reason health or mental... If she is healthy and her partner is healthy than she will stay good. You have to pull your string.

• There's actually been studies on this and they found that people, independent on gender, usually gain weight and let themselves go more when in relationships they are comfortable in.

• when i dated my ex I was very thin, but as we went further in the relationship I actually gained 30 pounds, we ate a lot of pizza, went out to restaurants and mostly stayed in his room. which was GREAT, but I couldnt fit into my clothes anymore. and right now after broken up I've gotten into shape slowly, but still didn't get the 30 pounds off -_-

Mmmmmm... Pizza! It's hard cutting that out of my diet, even though it has all the four food groups lol

@HotDogg pizza is not considered to be one of the four food groups, thats only what Americans seem to say. Pizza is not healthy, its considered junk food.

... I was joking!

• I only gained weight when I got sick, but I went back down. I have to work out daily and eat right, so I don't plan on letting myself go. Some people can continue a healthy routine, even after they are in a relationship. I would say some do, some don't.

• I put more effort into my appearance when I'm dating someone.

but does it stay like that once you've been officially together for some time?

@Yumix I wouldn't know, never been together for a long time with someone. But I assume yes since I always hold myself to a pretty high standard when it comes to being with/hanging with other people. Like even if they don't care, *I* care. I might slack on shaving since I've always thought shaving is a pain in the A S S but other than that I'd feel the need to always be fresh and clean and at least somewhat put together.

• Doesn't make a difference to me.. however, I tend to take care of myself more when I'm in a relationship though. I don't know why. But hormones cause me to gain or lose weight, unfortunately I can't help it xD

• If she's serious about being healthy then I don't think it's something you should worry about. It's someone's personal choice, not something that just happens when they start dating someone

• Gaining or losing weight usually has to do with life situations, not with a guy.

• I don't think so if you have a problem with it tell them in a constructive way it's way better than cheating

• no change

• For some people it does. Personally my weight changes very little. Slow to put it on & off quick.

• No its not relevant.
    I'm in a better shape after I had my kids than I was before them.

• No. My weight has been consistent throughout

What Guys Said 5

• It does; on average people gain weight because they feel comfortable and don't have to try as hard

• It depends entirely on the person. If you dont want her to lose motivation in staying fit then do activities with her like jogging, or simply going for a walk.

pics.onsizzle.com/...him-now-i-can-eat-2450242.png

• I hope not... I'm single asf and not in shape either. if it gets worse... x_x

• if she keeps her body maintain then she won't get chunky again

• I'm single cause I'm fat I'm fat cause I'm single