Is it stupid to meet with a guy who will be traveling in a month, and will be gone until the New year?

We met online and have had lovely conversations and have talked about meeting soon. He has one month left before he will be leaving to travel a bunch, and he will be gone until January. Is it stupid to meet him and possibly start something? What if we don't meet until 2 weeks from now even? Will it be silly?

• Yes, it's stupid
    33%(6)40%(19)Vote45%(13)
  • No it's not
    67%(12)60%(28)Vote55%(16)

Most Helpful Guy

• Risk it for the biscuit? There are a lot of pros and cons. He may not be loyal while traveling, if you have a lot of doubts about him or this decision then you need to go in without them. Remove them from mind. If you think you won't be able to do that it's not worth, relationship needs trust and communication. He may also be completely different in person than you expect him to be since people can be more comfortable online or be very two-faced, creating another personality entirely. Your choice, I'd say go and find out what he's like and decide from there. Risk it baby!

• Thank you!😘

• I will risk it. I think he's a genuine good guy too, he isn't some dude who hounds after women, so I'm not too concerned with that.

• Thank your for MHO, and your welcome, sorry for not replying to your replies. Good luck though! <3

Sponsored

What Guys Said 14

• 1|0
  • That's 5 months. You think you'll be the only girl he hooks up with between now and then? Hah! No. And do you think he expects you to wait for him that whole time? Not likely.

He's looking for a hook up. If that's all you want too, then go for it. But be aware this as 100% about sex. No relationship will come of this.

• I will NOT be hooking up with him. It is not about sex and he and I have already discussed it. This is total Bs

• Nah its cool. New years is not that far

• January is right around the corner.

• yes it is stupid

• How far away is he traveling? Can you not visit him? Is he planning on dating while he's wherever he'll be?

• He's going for work, probably not if he isn't staying in those places longer than a couple nights. I think he's coming back for a month too.

• It's not stupid, it's risky for your feelings in case you're separated for too long.

• And what will happen when he comes on January? Will he stay?

• Yeah it's his home

• Well... I've stalked his Facebook for a few years now

• I see, so you know a lot about him.
      Do you think he likes you?

Well, try it then.

• I wouldn't. Wait for him to come back, then see about meeting.

• Nothing wrong with a hook-up.

• We aren't hooking up

• Well, that's what he's planning

• No he isn't. We've talked about it already. He's an actual genuine guy.

• Better to meet up and have nothing come of it than to not and wonder

• Variety is the spice of life the one you skipped maybe the one you shouldn't have

• Yes, it's stupid

• Better to do it sooner rather than later, right?

What Girls Said 6

• no id do it. you've got a month to get to know each other, so why not. unless you're not good with that kind of time constraint. dens on your personalty not the timing itself.

• Depends on if you can handle it emotionally. I say do it. Life's about your experinces... however short lived

• It is never stupid to get to know people for the more you interact with guys the more you learn. Look at this as an experience not a romantic encounter

• Stupid is harsh, but it is not smart. He will meet other girls, while he has having the time of his life, he'll soon forget about you. And that hurts!

• It doesn't hurt to meet him. Don't get real heavy into anything till he comes back though. He might change after getting out in the world. He might want to move somewhere he's been and you don't want to go there.

• Well he's traveling for work, not just because

• Just because he is traveling for work doesn't mean he won't find another state/town that he likes better and decide that's where he wants to live.

• You won't start anything. So meet or not, it's up to you. But nothing is going to happen with him.

• We could keep in contact while he's away and then when he comes back it could turn to something. That's still something.