Is my new boyfriend still in love with his ex?

My new boyfriend (who I met at the end of June) told me that his last girlfriend broke up with him in December 2015. They were very serious, they lived together and he said he thought they'd eventually get married. I assumed that it was a clean break and that he hadn't seen her since they broke up 8 months ago, but he told me today that they would sometimes drunkenly hook up with each other up until March 2016, and during that time he was trying to win her back again. It only ended in March because she started seeing another guy.

I'm a little nervous now because now I know it actually really ended 4 months ago. He doesn't talk about her much or say if her misses her, but it worried me that their break-up was so recent. Do you think he might still be into her or should I not worry?

Most Helpful Guy

• From a fucking recent experience that hurted me like hell.. im telling you that there is a 80% that he didn't move on.. talking about EXs and how serious was the relation, marriage, winning over the ex is just red flags my dear.. im afraid you are his rebound.. still nothing is 100% but pay attention in the future and dont get much involved.. be safe

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm all honesty I wouldn't be with him. It's too soon for anyone to be over an ex when they've been hooking up together after the break up. It shows they both have feelings for each other. This will bring too much drama into your life and complicate your relationship with him.

I don't believe he'll cut all ties with her, and will you ever trust him when he's drunk and not with you. Personally I think it'd be naive to trust him. I'd never give my heart to a guy whose heart clearly still belonged to his ex

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, there is a chance he might still be into her and the fact you mentioned that they used to hook up till march 2016, it could mean he hasn't moved on yet.

• Hold on to your heart lest it be broken by someone who means you no harm.

What Girls Said 1

• This is a tough one but i think you should observe him to see if he still likes her because it's too early for him to be in another relationship if he broke up with her 4 months ago. That is something that you really need to worry about and if i were you, i would start questioning him. For example, ask him if he's actually ready to be in a relationship with you and how does he feel about his ex.