Would you judge someone based on their music taste?

Let's say you are going in a date with someone, you both are in the car going to the restaurant, would not it matter if the person plays a Piano solo instead a Hip hop song? Would that give you a "vibe" about his/her character?

Not an English speaker hope you get the question idea :p

• Yes, it would be a deal breaker
  • Yes, i would judge but that would not mean anything
  • No, it's his/her taste in music

Most Helpful Girl

• It can tell me how trendy they are or what their usual moods are like. But not who they are as a person just little stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• as much as I'd like to say no to this i would have to say It kind of does matter.

If they like old country music then I'm fine but if its this new faux country then its almost not excusable. If its trap music then its a no go. same with most of this cringy degrading pop music nowdays.

What Girls Said 10

• If they say their favorite song is Iike Friday by Rebecca black or blurred lines by robin thicke I'd just get up and walk out XD

• The taste in music says a lot about a person so obviously I'd try to use it in a way to analyse and get to know them a little more. Unless they turn out to have an incredibly bad taste I wouldn't really bother with the type of music.

• no not at all.

• I'd try and enjoy it, music taste says things about their personality. Usually people I like enjoy good music too.

• I am a musician myself and have am interested in a wide range of music styles and I wouldn't judge a person based on their music taste. In saying that, if a guy liked Blurred Lines, knowing full well the meaning of the lyrics... and accepting the meaning of the song, yeah now that would be a deal breaker. Sexism yuck.

• I wouldn't judge them for their taste in music Lol because then they would judge me... plus I like a lot of different music genres.

• No, I don't care.

• It means something to me the music taste but I don't see that very much

• Lol nope

• Sorry I'm obsessed with music so I'd freak out if they didn't like my music or I hated theirs

What Guys Said 8

• No, that would be a very bad criteria to judge someone.

• Nope.

• aren't we supposed to judge someone on the choices they make?

• They say the dont judge until u roll up with some electronic music. ^~^

• I would, actually.

• I'd rather they listen to piano solo than hip hop

• I would judge if a girl I like listens to things like rap or country music. It's just off putting

• I'd love it, I'm really into piano music lol