Could you date someone that has the same first name as one of your siblings?

• YES
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• I did that... and I told my girlfriend that it was fine if she kept her last name after we got married.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I cannot

What Guys Said 7

• I am not find of my sister's name but if I met a girl of the same name who got me excited, I wouldn't think twice about pursuing her.

• No problem with that. Why would that bother someone?

• No I couldn't. My brothers' names are Wyatt, Weston, and Jackson, and I would not find any of them appealing as a girl's name. Unless her name was Jackson, but she shortened it to Jackie or something...

Sorry for the sarcasm lol, this question was probably meant for people who have siblings of the opposite sex. :P

• It actually makes sense because the surname sounds appropriate for her name- Jess/Jessica so as though the she will inherit my risible surname. Perhaps my parents picked the her personal anthroponym for that smooth sounding reason. All the philosophy aside, it's a just a name in the end.

• No, I have two brothers with masculine names...

• Ugh no that might be a problem

• Yeah it's not a biggie wiggie dealie

What Girls Said 1

• I would rather stab myself in the stomach