I am so depressed at 24?

I am really seeing no end here. all my life i lived with my depressed mother who is depressed. I am 24 and never left out of guilt but now i am depressed myself. I feel like a wasted a life and i wasted so much times i am thinking of 'you know what... Dont tell me 24 is so young blabla... i never had a chance to experience life.. i never had a boyfriend or sex or friends... my teenage years are spend away. I feel so depressed at this moment. I just sit and stare at my walls in my room. Is life really worth it?

Most Helpful Guy

• That isn't life, that is wasting life. The day you step outside the house and say..."ya know what, whatever is next, whatever number of days I have, I'm gonna live. I'm gonna make a difference and do something today"... that is when life begins.

you've had it tough being around your mother, the tragedy of her life has been passed onto you. That happened with my father... he was able to break free and do a lot better than his mom who was a mess. You just gotta do it and stop thinking. Go live, give, move, breathe... love, that is life. Just do a little bit today... do it now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop worrying! (And yeah, I know that sound kind of lame.) But find something that puts your mind off it. Try to set yourself achievable goals and try to do a little bit every day to fulfill them. A lot of people your age go through depressive phases (especially if they haven't figured out what to do in life yet).

What Guys Said 3

• I know how you feel, I've pissed away my youth by not enjoying it and now that I'm 24 it sucks and I've drifted away from friends because of obvious reasons like work and other adult things. I too have never had a girl friend but I did go out with a girl like 4 years ago, But haven't had anything since. as someone who has flare ups of depression I can tell you that some times it seems life seems hopeless but you can do little things to change it.

• go and do new things where you can meet people, even if you feel afraid or unmotivated to.

• If you want different life, you have to do something different. I am trying to do that too. Let's go. By the way, I am seeing the movie 500 days of Summer with a broken heart in a corner of China. The time is 00:19.

What Girls Said 2