Should I text him?

Hi!
I dated a guy three months ago and everything went well until he freaked out and dumped me. We decided to stay friends but then we had a fight and didn't want to keep seeing each other.
We are both students who also work part time in the same company and we have common friends so we keep hearing about each other from friends.
Lately we've been (re) talking and we spoke about an open relationship. He told me that he needed a little more time to get pass our previous fight. Last time I texted him that I understood but that I was having a great night and I wish he was there. He replied that we would do that shortly.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to appear needy but I need to see him to discuss about "the open relationship thing". I'm ok with him seeing other girls but it doesn't mean that I want to be treated like a hook up. Things were really fine when we were together, there are so many things that I don't understand and I need him to explain it to me.

Should I text him, like maybe not today, but in the near future, that I would like to grab a coffee with him or should I ignore him and wait for him to text me?
(The truth is I hate waiting for someone to call me, I'm quite busy between work and school so I usually like to text first, I'm more confortable doing this.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the answer is no, give him some time and try find your self back.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're comfortable texting first, then do it. The sooner you do, the sooner you might be able to have your answer.
    I hate waiting around too so I understand where you're coming from.
    Good luck 🍀

What Guys Said 1

• well. If you think the two fights defines who is and he can't get over it, then no.

What Girls Said 2

• Get the text over with and of he doesn't want to meet up you can definitely move on

• So let text him first. It's make you feel release and comfortable to speak out what you want from your mind.