Why do people let age be such a big issue in relationships?

I know 0-18 is out of the picture and 65 up is the deep end but I'm quite comfortable otherwise. When you approach someone or vice versa there's no age printed on their forehead. Wrinkles don't always indicates age just putting that out there. Does true love have an age barrier? Many types we can't find the *one* because we have too much criteria not only age-related but otherwise. A great mature personality does it 8/10 times for me. What do you have to say on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to date someone outside of the range I'm comfortable with. Younger guys aren't mature enough yet or they're not at the place in their life to want to settle down. Guys older than me by 6 years or more just seems too old. There's nothing in common. We didn't grow up with the same things and can't share that.

But if someone else wants to be with someone 20 years their junior, who am I to judge their preferences.

To each their own

Most Helpful Guy

• It'd be very difficult for me to seriously date someone under 24. There's just too many lessons and life experiences that that person has yet to experience.

"i'm mature for my age."
    - how many young people have said this? I think 100% of people? There's a reason you don't hear older people saying this because there's a light bulb that goes off as you get older "oh shit... i'm an idiot."

The relationships, values and life experiences under 24 area great however.. at my age 30, it would be difficult to have to regress through those periods again.

But then again.. if she has big enough boobs, cupid has spoken. #iamfullofshit

• Lol I got you some younger girls truly can connect with you on an intellectual level who needs cupid lol

What if they are fake boobs

@Eternallylucky 2 thumbs up for me.

What Girls Said 12

• I agree but to me it feels awkward if I'm with someone too much older than me or vise versa. I would prefer someone close in age to me.

• That's reason but it does block your judgment to others does it?

• Oh no I'll just settle for being friends. Though if the guy isn't too much younger and we click then that's more of a possibility.

• Ok great

• basically because its very weird to see a young guy with an old lady because she would look like his mom, or a young girl with an old man because he'd look like a dirty old man with with an antique, fossilized, shriveled up cock'n bullocks up in there, its gross as all hell on earth

just keep it within a 10 year margin so you don't get treat as her son, i'm sure you'll appreciate it :P

• Yeah that is true. Age should not be a reason for someone to get a serious relationship with. As long as they both love, respect and trust each other that would do.

• Because it is a huge issue. At least for me. I don't believe the whole age is just number bullcrap.
    People with an age difference have a life experience difference as well and we wouldn't be on the same page. I want equality in a relationship. It's an absolute requirement.

• Only young people do because they have a rigid way of thinking what life is about

• It's really weird to be with someone who isn't at the same point in life as you and it gets just plain odd and disturbing when an 80 yr old is with a 19yr old.

• To me, it's weird if someone super old wants to date someone younger. It's like why would you wanna date someone younger when you could date someone your age? Usually only for looks. And why would the young person wanna be with someone who's on a completely different wavelength than them? There's also the potential for a power dynamic, the younger person is much more naive. I experienced this in a relationship when I was younger. The guy took advantage of me

• Most of the time people are afraid of the age gap because they couldn't find common hobbies. True love doesn't have age barrier but there are misconception about a certain age/generation so this may stop us from doing what we feel. It is also the fact that we are afraid of what the others think about such a couple.

• I think it gives an opportunity to learn a lot of new things from difference in the perception of time that relationship outside your age group is more stable my opinion

• maybe because their families have told them is bad

• Older men can manipulate you

• So can older women if they don't genuinely love you

Yes so older people in general can manipulate their partner

• It's not for me. I prefer guys who are about 5-6 years older than me.

• I dont know. Some people I believe find it gross cause someone will be an ass and say "they are old enough to be your mom/dad" and then that thought manifests. I have been with an older guy for years. He is 21 years older and people always wonder what the hell do we have in common? Truth is a lot. I have a lot more in common with him than any other guy I have ever met. I dont relate to a lot of young people to begin with. As for life experince cause some people think thats an issue, just because someone is young does not mean they haven't lived an interesting, chaotic or fulfilling life. Same goes for the one who is older, doesn't mean they have done much in their years on earth. When I ask a young guy to name something that had changed him over the years its either a joke to him or he has nothing. Most young guys in my age group care more about partying, hooking up and playing video games well there is more to life than that. I want someone with life experience not video game experience.

What Guys Said 6

• So right. Don't know why society can accept same-sex couples, interracial couples and trans relationships yet still be so disapproving of couples with an age gap. People stare and ask what could those two possibly have in common? They could just as easily ask that about any couple of people from differing religions, cultures, income levels, or political beliefs, but they usually don't. Why do those things get a free pass but not age difference? Makes no sense.

• It depends on my intent. I want kids in the future, so age does matter in a relationship. Sex-wise... I will have sex with anyone woman between the ages of 18 to their upper 40s (as long as they still look good). However... in terms of relationship, I want to have kid one day, so that is why age matters.

I am 25, and I want kids in my early 30s. It wouldn't make much sense for me to get into a relationship with a woman in her 30s already, because she probably already wants kids and that means our current goals don't match up.

If I get into a relationship with an 18 year old... and I want kids, let's say, 3 years down the road... she would just be finishing college and probably won't be ready for a kid yet... so our goals wouldn't match up there.

Ideally, in terms of relationship age does matter to me, because it depends on when I am ready to have a kid... when my partner is ready to have a kid. Ideally... in terms of relationship, I would honestly say 22-28 is my window for a relationship. Ideally.

• Very poetic, but almost always a big age difference means the younger person is being exported, even if they think they are the one doing the exploiting.

• Age may not be a big issue but it is some issue nevertheless, little bit of age difference is fine but above 8-10 years becomes a bit too much.

• So like a 20 year old and a 10 year old are good in your book, right? Duely noted.

• Is a 10 year old Pass the age of consent you need to read before you respond

• You're a terrible person.

• I think the word your looking for is terrific

• Pm me