How can I get him to ask me out?

I work with this guy through a summer program in our county for the second summer now. We've know each other since about kindergarten but I mean, we never really talked until we started working together. We're 19. Well a few months ago he messaged me on Instagram and gave me his number and said I should text him sometime. Even though I did really like him, I had a boyfriend at the time so I had to tell him that. I was afraid it would be really awkward when we started working again, and it kinda was at first but it got better.

Well last week we were together and were talking and stuff (and it came up that I didn't have a boyfriend) and later he asked me for my number and I gave it to him. Then when I got home he added me on snapchat and we snapped for a while. We have talked everyday since (through snapchat) but don't really talk all that much at work. He always initiates the snapping and snaps me first. I'm super nervous and awkward around him at work since I like him. We've snapped everyday since Wednesday and usually have nice conversations. Last night it felt a little forced and I don't know.

I just want him to ask me to hang out with him. I hate this thing where you talk to someone forever and nothing comes out of it you know? I want to spend time with him and not just at work where we barely speak (we don't usually work directly together though). I hate the thought that he only talks to me bc he likes having a girl to talk to, bc I know some guys do that. I really like him and got my hopes up even though I know better. How can I hint to him that I like him and to ask me out. There's no way I can ask him to hang out so that's out. I'm very shy and awkward. His last day of work is this Friday by the way. So I don't wanna say anything too risky before then bc I'll have to see him if it doesn't go well haha. Please help, I'm so bad at these things.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why can't you ask him? There's no rule against it - yes, it sucks to get rejected, but it's no better for us - he's already made the first move, asking for your number, he's kept talking to you - isn't it your turn to make a move? Just ask if he'd like to go for coffee or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you ask him out instead? Why won't you initiate the date if you want to hang out with him so bad?

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him out on a mate date first and see how that goes

• Show him this question.

What Girls Said 0