My dad made a really racist comment to my Hispanic boyfriend?

My boyfriend is mexican but i thought he passed as white, like one of those white looking hispanics. not that it matters but just a bit of info, anyway he finally met my dad last night, my dad shook his hand but was very stand off ish after a few drinks in his system my dad pulled my to the side and loudly said " A fucking mexican? I'd rather you have brought a ( he then said the N word) home.
I'm not sure if my boyfriend heard this he didn't mention it but he was acting a little weird afterwards and we wound up leaving sooner than we were suppose to, my boyfriend usually sleeps over my apartment but last night he all of a sudden had some morning plans that he's never told me about prior. Should i just bring it up and apologize for my dad's words or just pretend it never happened and hope he never heard it even though he's acting so weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if he didn't hear last night he's going to hear eventually. Best to clear the air asap. You should educate your father and tell your mother to get her on your side too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Please stick up for this guy... I have been there and it hurts so much.

If I was you I would tell your father that irrelevant of his race he treats you right and loves you and that is all that should matter.

Really put things in perspective and have your bf's back, its horrible being in a position where you cannot do anything to make your in laws like you.

• I just don't want to be on the outs with my dad he's really opinionated don't even wanna open up that can of worms

• Maybe if you fight for what you believe in he will respect you more. Just do it as an adult with your beliefs and non emotionally and he cannot deny you :)

What Guys Said 5

• He probably felt he wasn't liked even if he didn't hear your dad , you should just say how sorry you are that your dad is a bigot, surprised some people still act that way in this day and age

• My dad is a really good person though i want my boyfriend to see that instead of me putting my dad down to him,

• Well you could just explain that to him that your dad just needs to get to know him and that he is old school and just needs to see him for who he is and not for his race

• If your dad is racist doesn't make you racist. You can't change people, especially your dad but just keep true to yourself and love who you want to love. I'm just afraid if you confront your dad you'll become bitter and that's not a good thing

• yeah but i really think this is the guy i might marry so this has to get straightened out somehow, hopefully it was only my dads drunk behavior and he won't act that way sober. Idc if he feels that way he just needs to keep it to himself.

• Just don't let him drink at the wedding lol

• I probably wouldn't bring it up unless you can sense that he may have heard your dad.

• Your father was right.

• your boyfriend should've murdered your dad

What Girls Said 2

• Just bring it up. As he probably does know somethings up if he's being weird

• YOUR DAD IS A RACIST DISGUSTING PIECE OF TRASH. IDC IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS. I HOPE YOUR BOYFRIEND BREAKS UP WITH YOU