Is 18 and 22 a little too much?

I'm friends with a guy who is 22, and I am 18. I turn 19 in October, and I don't know if it's a huge difference or not. It's kinda weird though because my brother is 23...
I usually go for older men, but my limit was around 20.
This guy that I'm talking to does not drink alcohol due to personal reasons.
People say I look older than 18 my age, but others say I look just about 18.

Is the age difference a little too much?
We're just talking, and he's starting to really like me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are 18yo. Too old is dead. You are an adult who is responsible for her decisions. You can be with anyone slightly under 18 and old enough to die of old age. Do what you want and learn from your mistakes. That's what life is about.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only one who can decide that is yourself.
    If you have good chemistry and don't feel like the age creates some sort of gap between you two, then I don't see a problem.
    My last boyfriend was 23 and had friends who were around 30 years old.

I have a really good friend who is 26 and I am 21.
    Don't let age define too much. If you feel there is no problem with the age, then don't make it bother you.

What Guys Said 5

• No not at all

• Nah. That's fine.

• I think that's alright personally

• I'm 20. Would you be friends with me?

• Not a big difference.

What Girls Said 13

• No, it's not too much unless u feel u cannot connect with him bc of where ur both at in ur lives...

• I had a limit of 25 once.

Then I dated a 37 year old.

You're fine. Older men are better.

• LOL no, that's not a big deal at all. I won't even date guys who are younger than 25.

• Age is just a number. If you like him why's it matter

• There's way bigger age differences to be had. And you're legal so I don't think it's a big deal, age is only an issue if people let it be

• No, I don't see any issue here.

• Nope. I don't see a problem with that.

• Age is just a number

• is not that huge of differ but it is. Age doesn't maatter tbh

• Honey! You are an adult afterall, don't be so frightened. It's totally okay in particular situations, like for instance it is way odd for a 14 year old to be dating someone who is like 25, but if you are an adult, I don't see the issue. I'm 21, my partner will be 30 very soon. At first, I was like you. My partner and I have a 9 year difference. I love him to peices!

• No, it's fine.

• No I think it's ok. I used to be in a relationship with that age difference at your age and it worked out perfectly fine. Should just depend on how much you like the person.

• No wtf