Boyfriend dumped me, but he's being a complete jerk to me now when I tried to patch things up with him. Any idea to why he's so mean?

Hi Ya'll! Me and my ex were together for number of years, we where childhood sweethearts. We are both 25 now. We had a loving relationship, I did love him and I new he loved me, he just had a funny way to show it. He did become quite verbally abusive, never ever hit me, but he did throw things and would get extremely angry and defensive over things, and would fight dirty. As in we had a small arguments, but he wouldn't talk to me for days maybe even a week of silence. I would always have to apologise (even if I new I didn't do anything ) he only seen me on his terms and never did anything for me towords the end - dates stopped, never wanted to even go go a walk with Mr, it was always just to stay over in his house for a night and then go home the next day. He went to grease for a month there in may and I was the last to know. And I wast aloud go. He went with a friend. So basically he came back from his holiday and I only got to see him for 4 days- then he dumped me over the phone on the Saturday, we had a small arugement on the Friday ( we were ment to have our first date night in a long time and he spend the night with someone else a friend) so I was a bit upset because he was away for a month and we never do things. So yeah he dumped me and never bothered to contact me. He just said ' it's over ' so a month later and I texted him and told him I still love him and miss him and was wondering was there any hope for us? or would he like to meet up and chat? His reply was 'Fu*k off my life is a piece of cake without you In it anymore, I'm working and getting on with things' I was very hurt and upset that he could treat me like this after so many years. I said ' so will I try and let go of you and move on from us' he said ' yeah go on move on' and I never wrote back. He hasn't text me. But still has our relationship status on Facebook still up and our picture on his page. Any advice? X

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop all communication, heal and move on. It's over permanently and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. If he shows interest in the future it's only so he can use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else

Thank you for your quick reply.

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on from him. Dude probably has some mental issues going on though still shouldn't treat you like this.

You don't want someone who treats you the way he did any way. Just stop contacting him, delete his number, get rid of all the stuff he gave to you if he did get you any presents or just keep them out of sight if you're not ready, and go hang out with your friends and family for support.

Talk to nice, respectful guys who treat you with kindness. Avoid the verbally abusive and disrespectful dudes.

What Guys Said 4

• move on. even during your relationship it sounds like things were not as they should be in a positive relationship. i know it's hard but he's made it very clear that he doesn't want to be in the relationship

you both deserve something better. something with less verbal abuse, tension, combativeness, conflict

• I'd ignore his bitch ass and move on.

Thank you for your replys, I know. He was very mean, I have to try and be positive. I was just feeling sad tonight and felt like I needed to express what was going on.

Fair enough.

• he's trying to make u hate him so u won't bother him, i did that to a few girls as well

• He dumped you. Of course he is gonna be mean. He doesn't want anything to do with you. Leave him alone and move on.. gawd!

You women and exes... an EX is in the past!

What Girls Said 2

• Best you don't speak to him ever again and move on. He doesn't want to be involved with you anymore, and he is reacting that way out of spite and bitterness. As immature as that may sound, its best that you leave him alone. Cut all ties, permanently destroy everything he gave you, books, movies, clothes, etc. EVERYTHING must be thrown out. Pictures and videos of you two MUST be deleted, even if it has friend pics in it. Phone #'s must be blocked and discarded. If you written anything down, tear it out, ink out the number and toss it in the trash. That is how you move on.

• Like what everyone else says it going to take a while to move on but it will be worth especially after he treated you.