What is more important to you and WHY? Academic Intelligence or Emotional Intelligence?

• Academic IntelligenceWhat is more important to you and WHY? Academic Intelligence or Emotional Intelligence?
  • Emotional IntelligenceWhat is more important to you and WHY? Academic Intelligence or Emotional Intelligence?

Most Helpful Girl

• Emotional intelligence, plus social and communication skills.

Academic intelligence is good, but being able to understand and interact well with other people usually does more to help a person succeed in life and relationships. Making great connections with people and creating opportunities for yourself will typically be of more use to you than whether you got an A or B in Statistics sophomore year.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• It really doesn't matter to me. I like to have a conversation with people who are able to have deep and meaningful conversations on topics that concern me/us, and a person who is able to understand the emotions and feelings of others. Being aware of how a person feels is the key to having great bonds with people and building a connection.

• both, academic intelligence because it's what you need to survive (especially if you don't intend to leech off a sugar daddy/sugar mommy figure, which i'm sure you don't since you probably have some pride in yourself), and emotional intelligence because 90% of marriages fail because of badly matched pairs, lack of communication and bad emotional decisions, the latter is why gag exists :)

here's a side question, what is neither academic nor emotional intelligence and has absolutely no use in life but is still considered knowledge? and can it be considered intelligence/can the person be considered intelligent?

• I voted for B but really I'm on the fence.

I enjoy being in tune with others and their feelings. It's something I admire with animals as well.

On the other hand all of my family are A and even my boyfriend. I feel very much the retard. Often I'm suicidal,

I'm constantly made to feel stupid and to be honest other than emphasis I'm not sure there is a pint to understand others:

• Ugh this is a tricky one, if you want a good career you need academic intelligence but if you want good social relations you need emotional intelligence. Money makes the world go round but the world doesn't matter if you don't get along with anyone, so they are really equally important. To me personally, at this point in my life, academic intelligence matters more but if that was expressible in mass it'd literally be atoms.

• neither... emotional makes you crazy and intelligence makes you stupid since its impossible to know anything is a fact...

• A balance of both.

• You can read all you want but you need to be in touch with your emotions.

• I was about to ask a question very similar to this one. :]

• Both are to some extent, but I chose emotional.

• I'm a Libra... so I like balance. I feel both are important. However, I know many bright, intelligent people that certainly lack a bit with regards to emotional intelligence. I find they look at things logically. And while I think that can be a good quality, nothing really beats showing empathy, care and understanding.

• Can't decide. But I think I have more academic intelligence.

What Guys Said 10

• Intelligence is strongly overrated by a lot of people for a functioning relationship. Yes, a partner shouldn't be all out dumb and capable of grasping certain concepts with explanation - but other than that many people overrated the importance.

Emotional and social intelligence is a lot more importan for a partnership to work as well as being self-critical and able to communicate calmly even in heated moments.

• Academic intelligence, because emotional intelligence is not going to put money in my pocket.
    Emotional intelligence is a female trait and a weakness in a man.

• emotional intelligence. academic may or may not be a bonus. Much of the University system is just indoctrination of bs anyway... And the more university educated the average person is-the more self righteous and elitist they are.

I'm very educated, but I hide that fact to some degree as I'm no longer proud of it. A woman with emotional intelligence can form a connection-textbook intelligence means she can look smart in a coffee shop, gee I wonder which one matters most ;)

• Academic for sure.

• Emotional Intelligence isn't even real, it's total bullshit every single quiz on emotional intelligence is just made up dribble. It makes no sense. What makes a person moving X any better than a person moving Y if both get the same amount of satisfaction from their actions.

• they are both necessary

• You can buy a degree but it doesn't mean shit if no one is hiring in that field. I would choose emotional intelligence because its just more useful.

• If you havr both its oretty easy to manipulste a pwrson inton dating you so both.

• I voted for emotional intelligence because that's what I have and I like to feel important and accomplished.

• Of course most people on G@G will say emotional intelligence, because they're not academically intelligent. I am academically intelligent, and I prefer girls who are the same.