Do you think high schoolers should date?

Most times, high school does not last. Yet, a lot of high schoolers date anyways.

• No
  • Yes
  • Depends
High school relationships does not last***

Most Helpful Guy

• They only should if they so desire. They should not date just because society expects them to.

What Guys Said 11

• Non-traumatic experiences are almost always beneficial in developing one's character.

To say that what teens do is meaningless just because it doesn't last forever is missing the point. You become a better person by making mistakes and learning from them. The sooner you learn, the better.

• I think they should. My parents started dating towards the end of high school, got married five years later, and are still married to this day. I have another friend who married his high school girlfriend. Sometimes, they do work out.

• Yes. Better to regret doing something like that than regret not knowing.
    Because I don't know what it's like. And fuck that.

• As a high schooler I'd say I want to date. I want to experience some form of love as soon as I can to better learn and benefit from early experience.

• Yeah, get that experience in dating. Although it most likely won't last long, still experience.

• just because high school doesn't last, doesn't mean your relationships can't, love is forever.

• at a very high level, nothing lasts, so do what you want :)

• yes i dated in middle school

• Pretty lonely if you don't, especially if you don't have a great family or many friends

• Fuck no

• Yes--for sure! Dating is an incredibly important life skill, and it's important to develop those skills early if you want to be good at them. How important is dating? I think it's safe to say that 2 of the most important determinants for how successful you'll feel in life are choosing the right partner (and getting him/her to choose you!) and choosing the right career (and getting the right employers/clients to choose you). So yeah--you've got to succeed in dating if you want to succeed in life.

What Girls Said 20

• The word "should" sounds like high schoolers are obligated to date. I believe it is entirely up to them if they can handle academics and social life side by side responsibly.

Dating can be nice to experience and many adults have told me that young love is always remembered.

• No. There's really and truly no point. I think that the younger you begin exposing your heart to potential heartache and negative romantic relationships, the more likely you are to cause long term damage that makes it harder for you to properly function when true love comes along. Not only that, but in high school your personality is still developing and growing. You're ultimately going to evolve into a different person who has a different set of needs and desires. It's very rare to find someone (a high school sweetheart) whom you will evolve with and grow within instead of growing out of. The negative risks aren't worth it, in my opinion.

• I think they should focus on school.
    I have met a few who understands that dating in high school is a waste of time.

• Definitely. My parents were highschool sweethearts and they're still married. Despite what is believed they can lead to long lasting relationships. However for those that don't work out, they have more life experience and are a little bit wiser.

• I personally don't plan on dating right now, seems like a waste of time to me; but other people can do whatever they please.

• It depends on their maturity levels.

• It does prepare you for dating in real life and teaches you what not to look for haha

• If they want to.
    I had no interest in dating in high school though.

• I have previously, but high school boys are too immature for me tbh.

• Depends on grade level. I think freshmen shouldn't

• Yes... I don't see why they can't develop an early understanding of each other and enjoy life.

• Should be more focused on school but sure

• The driver is how mature the person is, & to what extend dating may unduly distract from school

• They should be dating their studies

• I say yes because we can't just go around through high school thinking what it would be like if we started dating someone. plus if we don't date we'll never be able to figure out what kinds of qualities that we look for in a person.

• They can if they want to.

• yeah! why not? If they last or not it's a first experience and sometimes they do last!

• Yeah they can

• If they want to, yes.

• Yeah but they shouldn't have sex in my opinion