Am I in the wrong? Did I create a problem that didn't exist when my girlfriend and I argued?

I spent all night with my friends during the afternoon, and got a call from my girlfriend around the evening. She asked if I could Skype with her, but I told her I'm 45 minutes away from my computer. I decided to go home so I can Skype with her. When I finally did get him we Skyped like usual and had a great time but she did something that started to bother me. I don't know if I'm just being unreasonable or if what I did was fine.

Usually when I video Skype with someone I try to give them all of my attention until the end of the call. I understand that people can multitask but if I'm talking to you on Skype and I keep getting ignored and/or asked to repeat what I said, I get annoyed; especially if I was asked a question. My girlfriend was Skype texting one of her guy friends (Which is perfectly fine) and consistently ignoring and asking me to repeat myself. It annoyed me further when she kept laughing at the conversation. When she asked me to tell her I love her I did, but she didn't pay attention.

I knew she wouldn't understand if I told her it annoyed me so I mimicked her. I started Facebook messaging the buddies I was hanging out with earlier. Quickly enough, she asked me to stop and pay more attention to her. She repeatedly said that I wasn't looking at her at all during the call. When I complied and full screened the call, she minimized the screen again and started typing. I continued to mimic her until she got the point.

I had a calm discussion after and told her that what she felt was exactly how I was feeling. She became teary eyed and apologetic and I told her I was not mad or upset at her, only a little annoyed. I made it clear that it's fine to multitask, but at least pay more attention to who you're calling, especially if I had to drive 45 minutes to Skype with her.

Did I take it too far? We didn't start yelling or fighting. After the discussion we made up and told one another how much we love each other.

2mo I just want to be clear that I was absolutely not jealous at all about who she was messaging. I would have felt the exact same way if it was a girl.

I have another mini question for you guys. Is it possible to be too much of a nice guy and be a pushover when it comes to guy friends? My girlfriend hangs out with a lot of guy friends and she always asks if it's alright if she and they hang out 1 on 1. I always say it's fine, knowing that if anything were to happen she knows what the outcome is.

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing showing her exactly what she was doing. Perhaps you should do the same and hang out with girls 1 on 1, she will most likely not approve. If the guys she's hanging out with have no intention of cock blocking you, then you should worry... but how many dudes are that respectable these days? You are correct to be concerned, but also even more correct in being confident in yourself and your relationship with her.

I do think you were being too nice by leave get your friends to talk to her, and then she treated you that way on top of it. Don't ditch your friends for a girl asking for attention, unless it's a serious issue that needs to be dealt with right away.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you took it too far. I'd do the same thing if I were in your position.

What Guys Said 1

• No you were right to be annoyed and now she will understand