Is it normal to be this nervous about the first date?

I think it's because I haven't had sex in 2 years. I dated a little bit after my ex dumped me, but not enough. I feel like I never had a boyfriend or even went on a date. I met this guy online (we were working on the same online project) and he seems really really awesome, we chat a lot. He is also a catch. Well he asked me on a date and we're going today. He is very straight forward and flirty, but I don't mind, it turns me on. I'm strong on words and it's easy to flirt and stuff texting, but it's a totally different story when actually face to face. I feel like I'm gonna freeze and like I'm gonna be a totally different person irl because I'm shy. Nothing that I told him about me was a lie, but I need some time to get comfortable around someone to really start being myself. Is that normal? Oh god I feel so nervous!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes it is for sure

• I usually feel a bit nervous too , but i when i finally meet her , it was all gone

What Girls Said 1

• Im exactly the same as you, and i think what you're experiencing is completely normal! Just have confidence in yourself and go with the flow, maybe before the date prepare a few things to say to minimize awkward silences. Realistically, you're meeting up with him for a chat and to get to know him, just think of it as meeting up with a good friend and itll take the pressure off. He probably feels just as nervous as you! Good luck today xx