What is really going on? Date or disaster?

So I work at a big unnamed department store with a hundred or so other employees. There is a girl here who caught my eye and we became work friends. From what I observed about her, she only spoke to only a few other people at work and seemed fairly nice. We went to the same high school but didn't really know each other just recognized each other's faces. Anyway we had been pretty good work friends for a good few months so I thought it would be a good idea to pitch to her the idea of hanging out outside of work. She's always smiling and that seemed to light her up and she even suggested that we go canoeing. The date was set and everything but she ended up getting asked to work that day but offered we do something after since she gets off pretty early. Problem is, she tends to ignore text messages. I've made a few jokes with her about it but oddly enough I can never hear back from her unless I'm actually at work. And it's not like I hound her down, she cuts through my department to speak to me even yesterday when I actually hadn't saw her the whole day she came up and reminded me about our hanging out and I confirmed with her (although I don't know what she had in mind for that) I mean am I going crazy or is she have it in her head that she's playing me? I just never encountered a situation like this and wanted someone else to examine it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she is playing

Most Helpful Guy

• have you actually hung out outside of work yet? has she replied to any of your recent text messages? I'm confused and feel she might just be a work friend unless I'm missing something. what had you planned to do if you saw her outside of work exactly?

No this would be our first time. she suggested go canoeing had she had the whole day off but still wanted to do something. Let me stress she made a point to come to me and remind me of our hanging out. She's asked about my intrests and who I was dating and my type when we have talked, I'm just in return getting this from her.

canoeing? that is an odd suggestion for a first date , very intimate , have heard of people having sex in a canoe , really not sure how that work but anyways. that would just be the 2 of you and very private setting without other people around , it be a sign she trusts you and wanted to be near you. I don't think any girl would suggest canoeing unless she liked you and felt comfortable around you

What Girls Said 3

• I think she is maybe being polite at work...

The thing is, yesterday I didn't even think she was there but she came up on me and reminded me that we were supposed to hangout. I mean unless she is a little evil and just playing games I don't know why she would do that

OK so just text her saying 'last chance are we hanging out or what?'

• If she's ignoring your messages she's not that into you

• Eat her oit

What Guys Said 0