Would you get muslim for your girlfriend?

you really love her and want to marry her but she is muslim and only wants to marry a muslim would you change your religion for her? (dont forget to join the poll :)

and for girls:would you do it for your boyfriend?

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm not sure
3mo ...

Most Helpful Guy

• Your actual question is different than your title. I WOULD marry a Muslim woman... But there's no chance in hell I would become Muslim for her.

what do you mean different?

Oops, sorry. I lied. I misread the question.

So no, I would not become Muslim to be with a woman. Or any religion for that matter.

no problem! :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't get so serious (love and marriage) with someone who wanted me to convert to their religion.

What Guys Said 21

• I'd be open to it, but it would depend on what we have in common and our mindsets on eachother, how close we truly are and etc, I'd also have to be able to just change my religion which isn't something that I'd consider an easy thing to do. People are very stingy when it comes to that sort of stuff and I wouldn't consider myself much different from them. I would be open to it though, would just depend a lot on her and the relationship in general.

• I briefly had a slim girlfriend but her family made it clear she was going to marry a Muslim... And they wouldn't have accepted a new convert.

Sorry, MUSLIM girlfriend, this stupid I pad often cuts off the beginning of words!

haha no problem!

That's odd that they wouldn't have accepted a new convert. Was it because they'd think you only converted for her and not for the actual faith?

• No chance, as I wouldn't believe in it anyway.

• Nope, not changing religion for a woman.

• nope, im not gonna do that.

• Nope
    If she asks me to convert or something then I think she doesn't love me
    I'll get real hurt if she'd ask me to maybe we have to end our relationship but I would still love her 😶

• I am already one.

• I've nothing against dating muslim women... but I draw the line at religious conversion...

• if i loved her, sure

• I already have one
    @Cinderelli.

• My buddy did lol

how does he feel about ot? did he regret it

I don't know, I'm using buddy loosely, we're not that close and that's not something I would ask him. I was interested in a muslim girl before ane she had previously dated a white guy but I wouldn't have changed for her. Not because she was muslim but I wouldn't follow any religion for anybody.

okay thanks

• I wouldn't change my religion for anyone.

• What is religion? If someone doesn't accept what the religion says in the heart , he cannot be a member of its religion so just for her girlfriend nobody can change his religion just pretends and her stupid girlfriend thinks he changed as if this is that much easy.

• No, I also wouldn't date much less marry her as long as she was a Muslim. Sorry but I won't date outside of my religion.

• Not a chance in hell would I change my religion for anyone.

• Hell no.

• nope

• No, I'm prejudice against them. Seriously.

• No way I would change religion. deal breaker

• I would marry her but I can's change my religion because I have no religion, I'm an atheist, therefore, I would marry her only if she has no problem with atheism.

• I didn't read the conditions, then probably not. i dont see me converting to a religion for someone... tbh doing it for someone else would mean you dont really believe in it you just want the person

What Girls Said 13

• I would have a muslim girlfriend but I wouldn't convert to Islam for her.

• I'm Muslim and I wouldn't change my religion to marry someone and I obviously don't want someone to convert just to marry me. However if they did convert because of their own personal conviction then of course that would be lovely.

• I'm bisexual, so would I be open to dating a Muslim woman? Sure, if she was open to it, and I liked her. (Which I realize probably wouldn't be too common, at least among conservative Muslims.) But I would convert to Islam for my boyfriend? No. One, I don't agree with organized religion in general. Two, I don't like the way most Islamic countries treat women. The issue of sexism certainly isn't unique to Islam, but it's a deeprooted issue in many Islamic countries. My issue also isn't strictly rooted in the hijab, niqab, burqa or whatever else. If a woman chooses to wear it, that's her deal. However, I don't agree with much of the ideology behind this style of dress. It's just as objectifying to women as revealing clothing can be, just in a different way.

• you can't just change your religion... You can't believe in something you don't believe in.

• I'm straight so I'll answer in reverse.
    I would never go Muslim for a boyfriend or husband. I've dated a few Muslim men in the past so I read the Quran. With all due respect, it is the most bipolar book I have ever read.

• No because they tend to date within their circle and it'd honestly be a waste of time because 9 out of 10, her parents will not approve

• nope, I wouldn't change my faith

• Nope

• thefunimalscribe.files.wordpress.com/.../f1.gif
    I'm already Muslim so I wouldn't change my religion for anyone AND neither would I want anyone to change their religion for me!

• Had a muslim boyfriend. When we started talking marriage I researched his religion for over a year. To my astonishment, islam is weird, cultish, and super political af! Honestly, it's better if a muslim converts to your religion or no religion at all, then you converting to theirs. Besides, converting for love is one of the worst reasons to convert.

• You can't just change your beliefs because you love someone. And if they really loved me, it wouldn't matter what religion I was anyway.

• It's not as simple as it sounds to just "Change your religion".
    I wouldn't do it. My religion/beliefs are too important and forbids me to be with someone of a different religion.
    Before you say something about my religion "forbidding" me to be with someone of a different religion, that is a choice. It's my choice and I choose not to.
    I know people of the same religion as I, who has indeed dated someone of a different religion.

• I would never convert for anyone, that goes against my values, if I convert it's because it's my decision and no one influenced me to do so, anyway I'd never become a Muslim it goes against what I believe, and of course I'll never marry a Muslim

Just out of curiosity... how does it go against? Muslims believe in only one god that's all mighty and also they believe in the prophets like Adam, Jesus Moses etc Muhammed (sav) being the last one. So do you believe that there is more than one god?

@Latinamoon I definitely do not believe in their god, but I do believe in the equality of genders and I believe in respecting other cultures, religions, sexual orientations, etc.

well it not only our God its the creator :) trust me real equality is balanced justice. But people have their own ideologies of justice these days. We also believe in respecting other cultures religions, and especially womens. I was just curious wanting to know because you seem like thinking their is some sort of unjustice in Islam but all I can say is thats your opinion and I respect it however we have to research deeply in something before making up our minds on how a religion or culture is.