Is it racist to feel very nervous around White guys?

I'm a shy and quiet black girl with social anxiety. I get nervous around everyone but white guys makes me extremely nervous. Growing up, i've never had a white friend before. I find white guys very intimidating and i get really scared to look at them. I've never been approach by a white guy before and if i did, i would panic. I really don't know why i'm scared of them. I also want to know how does it feels to have a white guy talk to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal, I mean you didn't grow up around them. That's how I felt when I started uni, before I mostly had black, African friends, went to a predominantly black school, then I get to a place full of white faces LOL.

It was intimidating at first, but I got over it.

What Guys Said 9

• it is racist by the part of the definition that pertains to "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race"

it's understandable why you may feel that apprehension but it is something you should challenge yourself to overcome

• these questions concern me, people think its racist to have social anxiety now. its just normal. maybe consider counseling?

• Yea it is
    But lots of people feel like that towards lots of races
    you're just saying it

• I wouldn't say it's racist. By the way where are you from?

I'm from Miami

Really? And you never been approached by a white guy? Do you know why you feel this way?

Nope, i've never been approached. I think they never approached me because they're not physically attracted to me. I get called ugly by many guys, white, black, Hispanics.

• Hey, if you want a white friend, hit me up

• It's only racist, if you dislike them just because they're of a different color

• Not racist. Natural reaction in an unfamiliar situation.

• Aww I'm a white male and I love black girls, but I've always been too shy. Lol.

really :) i get extremely shy when i'm around white guys, i guess that's something we need to overcome.

My user is Princesslee16. since i'm new to this site, i can't really send messages but i just followed you. You probably could send me a message first.

Ok I did

• Just as racist as someone being afraid of black men.

What Girls Said 1

• white guys are statistically the scariest thing ever