Is it a warning sign when my boyfriend doesn't consider me as family?

We have been together for over 2 years and a few months. He doesn't consider me as family. Is that a warning sign of something?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not really family until you are the mother of his children. There is no blood bond tying you together.

Not in the literal sense, but rather being able to fit in or being able to participate in the gatherings so that way it allows for me to get to know them better.

From my experience that's pretty normal. Occasionally you might include your girlfriend in family gatherings but it's not an everyday thing...

Ah, okay I see. Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• You aren't married to him, so no your not family legally. Your just his dating partner and that's it. So unless he starts seeing you as one, there is nothing you can say or do. You can talk to him about that, but if that is not going to change his view of you, then you have two choices: either stay or go. What is it do you really want? Do you want to marry him at some point? Or are you there for convince and don't want to marry him? Is he interested in marrying you? Has that conversation got brought up at some point? Why are you in this relationship and what made you start one with him? Both of you needs to get your true intentions out with each other, or else you both are just using, and he doesn't see the need to say it. I don't know what more or else do you expect from him. This is just my honest opinion. So whatever it is that's bothering you, you better get it out now.

I don't mean in the literal sense, but as sense of being able to fit in. Like, I understand of being the girlfriend, but being as someone who is capable to fit in or to be able to be a part of the outings, like being given a chance.

@Asker I understand that, but it just doesn't work like that. It is entirely up to him how he sees and view you. What you had the moment you two met and over the years changes and is different than it was before.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

What Guys Said 3

• Um you aren't family you are the girlfriend. When you get married you'll be family

I don't mean literally, but in the sense that I could fit in in someway. Not as an outcast.

• Buuuut, you're not family? Unless you are than this post is just gross.

Not in the literal sense. I mean as being apart of a group. As in being able to fit in.

• Ummm... You AREN'T family.

Not in the literal sense, but as someone who could feel apart of a group.

Ah, so in a different sense?

Yepper

What Girls Said 0