Do women really want good Christian guys?

I am asking because for most of my life, I have always heard that but even the Christian girls in my private school were still more interested in the less then godly guys. Moreover, throughout my dating life I have only heard two women enthusiastically mention my faith as a selling point. So... what gives? I am asking because for most of my life, I have always heard that but even the Christian girls in my private school were still more interested in the less then godly guys. Moreover, throughout my dating life till present I have only heard two women mention my faith as a selling point. So... what gives? Also, spare me all the nice guy/friendzone nonsense as that is an endless rabbit hole debate.

3mo I am asking because for most of my life, I have always heard that but even the Christian girls in my private school were still more interested in the less then godly guys. Moreover, throughout my dating life till present I have only heard two women mention my faith as a selling point. So... what gives? Also, spare me all the nice guy/friendzone nonsense as that is an endless rabbit hole debate.

Most Helpful Girl

• while i don't actively seek out a partner who's religious (i'm agnostic), i am dating- and will, one day, be married to- a christian. he has his beliefs, and i have mine, but we respect each other.

i'm sure there are people who do actively seek out religious partners, whether for their beliefs themselves or simply because they admire the conviction associated therewith. have you tried meeting people outside of your immediate social circle, or online dating (sites like christianmingle cater specifically to religious folks).

Most Helpful Guy

• They want a Christian guy but that is more like a necessary requirement. Most women won't look into if he is just a pew filler on Sunday or if he helps out in a ministry. It is really quite sad that they don't put being a good christian as a higher preference or requirement.
    It is vary rare to find a woman who wants to know that your more than just a christian. The woman in my young adult group just chatted amoungst themselves and noticed that even though they wanted a good Christian guy. They often did not ask any further than if he was a Christian. So they decided that they would make it a higher priority to learn about what kind of Christian he was.
    I also get what your saying not to many women even care beyond if you two share a religion together.

What Girls Said 14

• It depends on how important the girl's faith is to her. I personally want a man who's a strong Christian, but of course there are other important things too.

• As a Christian girl, I always want a Christian man but I wouldn't dare to say a "good" one because I am not a good Christian girl myself, though I go to church every Sunday.

I have dated a really religious one and he ended up judging me for almost everything. So there you go.

• I'm not religious, so dating a guy who's a Christian would be a problem to me and to him.
    But I'm sure there are Christian girls who want to be with Christian guys. They want someone who understands them.

• Well i think a lot of girls answers would b different for this but personally i would probably only hsv a serious relationship with someone like u described. im personally not interested in starting a life with anyone who isn't extremely morally upright and shares my same faith and doesn't act like a complete jerk

Just as someone who's agnostic... it kind of seems like you think that only people who are Christians are morally upright and not complete jerks? What's up with that?

@annblftn well it seemed like he was contrasting the stereotypical "good christian boy" with the "less than godly guys" so i was just saying i would much prefer the first over the latter. i think that many people can NOT be a jerk, regardless of their religion, but yes i personally think that Christian morals are "correct" and i would prefer to live my life with someone who shares the same morals that i believe to be upright

• personally only in terms of morals as a lifestyle, I don't like religiously opssesed people

• Christian women, probably.
    The rest of us, no lol

• There are women who want a religious man to settle down with, and then there are women who can't stand the idea. You both just have to make it very clear what you want in your partner, and what you want in the relationship.

• Christian women do probably.

• that's what I want

• Being religious doesn't automatically make you good.

• Most passionate Christian girls (such as myself) will strongly prefer Christian guys.

• I personally don't and never have.

• Nope lol, I'm not sure they can keep up with me

• haha no

What Guys Said 7

• Well.. If they themselves are a strong Christian I guess so? Otherwise I can't imagine someone who is say Athiest / agnostic wanting it because it would annoy the fuck out of them. Haha.

I think I'd honestly struggle to date someone with a strong faith. I'd rather take the piss out of religion with an SO then have to pretend I give a shit. Haha. I'm sure girls who have my same belief (or lack there of?) would feel the same

• I think women will be interested in your faith if that's important to them but the selling point as you put it will be YOU. It's YOU they want not just another Christian. I mean if a woman wants a Christian male there are literally millions of them to chose from and many of them are insanely hot. What will "sell" you to her once she sees you are a Christian like her is you - likes, dislikes, opinions, personality - in other words, the same things that non-Christian girls are drawn to.

• Just look for all the 'would you date a girl who was waiting until marriage' topics, you'll see that they exist.

• Yes they do everyone wants me and I, Jeb Bush, am a good christian conservative

• there are still some of them but hope they won't be in future

• Pretty sure every girl here would reserve the right to disobey her husband... and even tell him what to do

• No, they prefer Muslim Cock.