I don't feel good enough for a guy I'm interested in, what do I do?

Hello, I am a 20 year old woman, recently I realized I have developed feelings for a close friend of mine. As you can imagine it was confusing at first, I was asking myself things like "Would he even have feelings for me either?" Anyway, I feel as if I am not pretty enough for him, no one has ever told me straight up that I'm not pretty enough, and I've asked people due to my lack of self confidence.

My true question is? What do I do? What do I say? I've developed feelings for people before, but never for a close friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just prove yourself wrong by turning the relationship into something more romantic. If your looks are insufficient, improve them. Exercise daily, do some gym, swim, biking, strength training, lose weight if necessary, change your dressing style, go sporty with a ponytail, sneakers, jeans, t shirt. Yo you can always try, you can always improve, experiment, and have fun doing all that. That could also be a motivating factor for you to improve your beauty. Plus I'm not sure about how you look, maybe you're a stunning beauty and don't even know about it!

Most Helpful Girl

• You should face your fears and ask him out. You never know. He might say yes.

What Guys Said 5

• need to develop your self confidence. In other words, accept that you may be rejected.

What I'd do is be the best you... you can be, and try to spark something. Seriously, a very average girl can bring a guy to his knees, that's what girls do... you don't have to be amazing like women think.

• He obviously already likes you as a person, otherwise he wouldn't be good friends with you, so at least you're not pining over some guy who doesn't know you exist and doesn't care. Sure, there's a chance he's not attracted to you, but sometimes you have to take risks.

• Just out of the blue tell him "Hey, would you like to take me out on a date?"

• Well start off a conversation about dating and casually ask if he has ever thought about dating you.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0