Why would a guy do such shit?

Hi guys,
why would a guy pretend to have a girlfriend, then confess to my friend that he's really single because he just likes her but then tell another friend of my friend that he's happily taken?

This doesn't make sense. How could my friend find out wether he's really taken or single? Hate seeing my friend suffering

Most Helpful Guy

• some guys, like a lot of girls, make up a significant other if they thank that will make a girl more likely to talk to him, initially, because she will relax and not worry about his intentions. But they will tell a girl that he is single if he's already decided to make a play for her. Devious, no? So many girls have phantom boyfriends to scare guys away they don't particularly fancy...

I really doubt he has a girl friend if he's telling contradictory stories about his status.

so you think he could like my friend because weirdly after she asked about his status when he pretended to be together w/ his girlfriend, he cut himself, sent her a picture and told her that he's single but really wants to get to know her... well and as i told in the question yesterday he told the other friend of my friend that he's taken.

I already explained twice now!

Thanks for the MHO. I've made up a girl friend myself, back in my single days, when I could sense a girl was worried or feeling pressured by my attention, so I know..

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like a Fickle Pickle to me here, dear.
    Your friend Deserves better than this Sour ball who Probably has More to Hide Inside.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 10

• If he seems he is already lying then your friend should cut bait now. Seems like red flag from the get go.

• It sounds like he is having a fantasy life in his head and not keeping it separate from reality.

• Guys can do this. Some will say "what a loser to do such a thing". It kind of is loserly indeed.

Telling a lie like this can back fire for the guy. I would not do that. Some guys also do this to look cool in front of a girl. They feel they may impress their peers or appear mature or something. But when the lie is caught, its shame on the guy.

• If a guy tells that he's taken, then that means he doesn't like her, and have no intention of approaching her or accepting her as a girlfriend. He just doesn't want to hurt her feelings because men know that a lot of women have a very hard time handling rejections.

yeah but why would he have cut himself after telling my friend that the relationship with his best friend was only pretended?

• He probably has a girlfriend and wants someone on the side or he's just completely crazy. Either way your friend should stay away from him.

• It's the same with girls. Quite a few say they were taken if they don't like the guy who approaches them.

yeah but he told my friend that he really likes her before he pretended to be together with his best friend, then he cut hinself and told her that he's single but didn't want it to be true that he likes my friend so he lied about his relationship w/ his best friend only to tell the other friend of my friend that he's taken? lol

• Someone that follows the 'if you can't make it, then you fake it' philosophy.

so you think he could like my friend because weirdly after she asked about his status when he pretended to be together w/ his girlfriend, he cut himself, sent her a picture and told her that he's single but really wants to get to know her... well and as i told in the question yesterday he told the other friend of my friend that he's taken...

• He's doing it because those women have vaginas.

• Why bother with a guy like that?

• Because we now have a society in which playing games is rewarded and honest good guys are put down?

Or he could be trying to look "cool".

Can u check out my question on what women want pls? It's about why women do certain things?

What Girls Said 0