A lot of unattractive girls are into me? What about the hotter ones?

I consistently hear through others at school that certain girls are into me. I don't mean to be rude, but they are all average and I'm never attracted to them. I don't even know these girls very well apart from the occasional "hi" in the hallway or short small-talk at a party. Hell a couple weeks ago I found out through a friend that his ex-girlfriend (also average) was into me in high school 6 years ago. My question is, why don't I ever hear of hot girls that are into me? Do they just get so much attention that they don't talk about guys who don't actively pursue them? Or maybe they're not into me? I've hooked up with hot girls in the past but it took work on my part and I didn't have the advantage of knowing they liked me. I'm above average in looks but no model.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't really control who can find you attractive, I mean you can have your standards for the person, hence you can control whom you want to get attracted to but you can never say who might find you attractive. In your case, it's just luck I guess.

What Girls Said 1

• Get better at flirting

What Guys Said 1

• The hot ones rarely approach guys, because they don't have to; they get approached all the time. So you have to approach them first.