He seemed into me but stopped replying?

So, I always got a vibe this guy at my job liked me, and even friends noticed with the way he acted towards me, so I decided to get the courage and let him know that I've had a crush on them for a while. It worked on my behalf because he sent a friend request that very night and the next day messaged me saying he thought it was sweet and awesome I did that and asked for my number. Everything seemed to go very well as we were messaging back and forth and getting to know each other, but on my last reply he read it but never replied back. It's been a couple of days too, so I'm not sure what to think. He also hasn't text me yet. Did he just give up and lose interest?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, that's not really good. It's possible he was busy and so you can send him another text message and see if he replies to that or not, if he still doesn't reply then it's clear that he lost interest.

What Girls Said 1

• He possibly forgot. Just send him another text and if he doesn't respond back then it means he lost interest.

@karennn

Just one question, forgetting to reply is an excuse? I mean many people who don't reply after while they always tend to say that and I think that is an excuse for sure. The real reason is something else.

@serious sometimes I read a message , type a response get distracted. In the back of my mind I though I responded. Sometimes it's innocent. Other times it's an excuse

@karennn

Fair enough. Yes, once a person forgets that's understandable and sometimes it can happen twice, that's all but if someone always says they forget to reply then it's clear it's an excuse.