What do you do when someone you've been talking with brushes you off?

Say you have been talking with someone. They give you excuses for not wanting to talk or hang out, but you seem them out and about. What do you do or how do you feel?

• Nothing. I don't care/it doesn't bother me.
  • I go on GaG or other sites.
  • I get in to my own head and might overthink things.
  • Try to contact another friend.
  • Other (what?)

Most Helpful Guy

• its weird there was a girl I had talked to at her work and at a bar we go to several times this summer and everything seemed well between us until we had a longer conversation at her work one day and everything been weird since , I've barely even seen her and she's said next to nothing yet I felt our last conversation was very positive , so left confused as to what happened

Yes, I'm not sure why some people dip off. Could be busy or they forget, or maybe they found someone else. Things happen which is why it doesn't bother me too much. A head's up is always nice, though. If I was actually in a relationship with someone exclusively and there was a lack in communication, then I'd be a bit worried.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? I talk to the 20+ other guys and forget about them.

Someone from 3 weeks ago texted me Sat night. Waited until this morning to respond. Just because I didn't care enough to do so sooner.

I am similar, I don't really care. I just talk to other people or do something else. But a friend has been contacting me and he's always upset when someone doesn't respond the same day. I was just curious how others felt. Thank you for the response!

I have a friend like that. lmao. The 'talks' she's given me. It won't change, I see it and get busy, then forget.

Semi bad at responding to messages. Very, very few exceptions.

I've done that a few times where I read the text or message but couldn't respond, then forget about it haha. It's not intentional though.

What Guys Said 4

• That's how I found GaG. This girl I was dating for a couple months completely blew me off and stopped responding to me about 2 months ago. I was crushed and started looking for answers and came across GaG. Its been nice to know that I'm not alone and that other people have similar experiences. I'm still kinda depressed and never sleep anymore but I would say GaG has definitely helped me in that situation.

I am sorry that happened to you, that's a bad feeling and rude thing to do. I've noticed that it happens more often than not these days. Guys have faded away from me without any real reason (although, I suspect they just lost interest). Best to move on to either finding someone better or to try some more self improvement.

I am not a fan of the ghosting method, and prefer face to face as well. Unless the person was violent or something, then best to call to end it. Sometimes people just aren't feeling it, I know I've had to tell a few guys that I didn't think we were on the same page and I wasn't interested. It's very difficult to do, but the right thing. I've only had one guy do the same to me, and I respect him for it. It also helps with closure, which is something that you aren't finding right now. You are still really young, so maybe for now it's best to take a break and heal before trying again. Men (some, maybe even a lot) tend to fair better as they age.

Yes that's the problem, I have no closure. Obviously since its been nearly 2 months since I've even talked to her we aren't together but the fact that there was no break up just leaves this weird feeling and I don't know what to think. Its just not how I imagined my first relationship going at all. I do need time to heal, the thing is over 2 months nothings changed and she's still pretty much all I think about so I don't know maybe I need to find someone else to fully heal. Also being in a relationship (before the crappy ending) made me realize how amazing it is to be with someone, so I don't really want to wait as I age I'd much rather find a serious relationship younger. Not talking marriage right now obviously but someone who really likes me and wants to spend a lot of time together, kinda like what I thought this one would be like originally. But right now I'm worried it won't happen, I guess I'm just a mess right now.

• i dont do anything and just take the hint that im not wanted. i will feel bad tho.

• I don't know but, I have a hard time believing you're 100 years old

What Girls Said 1

• I always overthink everything.