Would you judge a girl who wants the guy to pay for the first date?

• Yes - I would judge her.
  • No - I wouldn't judge her.
3mo . .
3mo bump

Most Helpful Girl

• Split the bill/pay for what you ate or bought, and be done with it!
    If one person insists on paying, that's fine, but I think otherwise people should just expect to split.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. The first things that come to mind are:
    - Dependent
    - Irresponsible
    - Entitlement complex (Spoiled)
    - Lack of work ethic
    - Greedy
    - Materialistic

All are red flags. Six red flags in one go is game over...

What Girls Said 4

• Here's how it works with me.
    I will NEVER ask for the man to pay, NEVER i have way too much pride for it to happen.
    But I EXPECT him to at least take the initiative to pay not because he's a man but because this is common etiquette in the Arab world. Even when Arab guys go out together as friends they like to pay for their friends because it's highly regarded and considered courtesy (even if they're not rich).

However, if he doesn't take the initiative to pay and asks me to pay my share it will show that he's very cheap and he won't be getting a 2nd date because I don't date cheap guys.
    By the way I would still insist to pay for myself because I'm just like that... I don't want to feel like I owe him a 2nd date.

Courtesy to pay...

Ok so does that mean you can pay too as courtesy? Cause you said they arabs pay for each other...

Yeah its common courtesy in all of Asia to "treat" everyone if you ask them out too, even friends. It's only in the west where u have a table of 10 people who will sit there and calculate what they had and only pay that share lmfao - sooooo cringeworthy.

I understand to combine love with modern day cultural dynamics but if we can just go back to the root of what we are trying to achieve here... just basic not so complicated, falling in love.

Just do and be. Don't let something as fake as money get in the way of something that could last for ages, way past death, if you believe in afterlife and Im assuming you do believe

• I feel like if a guy offers to take a girl out then he should pay. Also tbt I wish women didn't walk around with such an independent outlook on life. Its good to be independent, and to have your own. However Its also okay to let a man pay for your meal on the first date. Let the man be a man.

• If you invite me on a date you pay. Obviously I would have money on the off chance it wasn't paid for, but there would not be a second date.

• I would.

What Guys Said 16

• Obviously. If she expects me to pay, I know she's a gold digger, ergo, there'll be no second date.

• Of course I would judge. In the era where they claim equality, they should ask guys out, initiate dates and oay their portion but it's not common. So I don't buy the "Whoever asks, pays" line. The girls time is definently not worth more than my time. So why do I have to pay for the whole date. And if I am paying, what am I paying for? Sex? Attention? I just don't get it. What's so hard paying for your portion. It's simple. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

• i'm old school men always pay even if she's just a friend or family.
    I not a fan if she offers/wants to pay or go 1/2's

• Paying is fine but not blindly like a dumbass. Cause that dumbass just ruins it for other dudes that go on dates. She has to be worthy and earn it. A way of earning it, news flash, is by not expecting it!

When she passes that test she'll get an all
    Inclusive vacation. Until then. Dont forget your visa spanky buns - which actially
    Happened to me on a date by the way. Girl tells me 'oopps I forgot my credit card and dont have cash'

Opps my ass lol

• Hahaha just take a look at all of the pink responses and now ask yourself whether it's worth it. They say ''he wouldn't get a second date with me'' I say, why even bother with the first one hahaha. What a load of nonsense and what a waste of time!

• Yes I would.
    It shows to me that she's not independent and is a gold digger.

• I would totally marry her just for that. Just saying.

• Is her time more valuable than mine? no, so I see no reason for me to pay for her.

• Just split the bill

• I don't pay intentionally because if she still wants to go out again then I know she isn't selfish.

• the person who invites pays

• No I would not allow it! Being Boris Johnson I have enough cash to pay for my lady.

• I already do. 007 style , gentile man always

• No, as I have no money anymore

• Yes - I would judge her.

• In my opinion whoever invites the other person to a date is obligated to pay for it.