What does an olive garden dinner date come across as?

Haven't been asked out on a dinner date before lmao. Moving out of town this Saturday and maybe she found out but then she would've mentioned it so it's strange. Haven't seen her in a month or so and it was nothing serious. What would be the motives behind a girl wanting to hang out like that all of a sudden with literally no contact over a month. Srs could be overthinking this but the fucking last thing that I'd ever want her to say is that she is pregnant. She was on birth control. Is it alpha if I make her pay?

Most Helpful Girl

• They Do Serve Fine Wine, @Fearless_banana.
    She asked You so I Assume she is paying. However, if you want to Show her Your "Still Good Side," Split it with her for Old times Sake. It could be she knows you are going so she Now wants to keep Things... Going.
    Good luck and Let me know if you are a dad. xx

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• Maybe she knows she won't see you for a while and wants to have a final goodbye?

How far away are you moving? Perhaps she is just realizing now that she will miss you and wants to see you off?

What's wrong with her paying for your dinner? If she wants to see you and set the date, then it's totally appropriate. Don't worry about what other people say. Isn't it nice to be treated once in a while? Much better than getting used by people for free meals.

I think you are just over thinking it. Go out, have a good time and enjoy your meal!

• Awwwwe someone has a crush on yoooouuuuuuu sooooo fucking kawaiiiiiii. >:)

Lol but seriously, she probably likes you a fair bit, maybe wants the D as a last hurrah or to start something up again because she's not aware that you're leaving. But hey if she's offering to pay, no shame in letting her. #breadsticks

• Sounds awesome and she wants the D. :D

• What is olive garden anyway?
    I hear it in movies. It comes across as both a fine dining place and then some cheap take away place in movies.

• Someone wants breadsticks

• Have you had Olive Garden breadsticks? That's probably the reason. Just split the bill; she pays for whatever she ordered and you pay yours. No stress and you can hang out with someone for dinner. I've gone to restaurants with male friends before, and there was no other intention.

• It's just a romantic dinner date I presume

• I don't know, sometimes girls wanna just go out with a guy for no real reason. I do that sometimes, I'm going on a date tonight and I'm leaving soon. It's just kinda for fun sometimes in a way.
    Pay for yourself, but she doesn't have to pay for you. If you can't even pay for yourself, don't go on dates

• I don't know. I've never been to Olive Garden.

Well thank you for this awesome and solid contribution towards my question Rachel. I will certainly appoint you to MHO when possible. Repd.

Always here to help brah

Good, never go to Olive Garden as an Italian American its a disgrace to my heritage

• 1) split the bill cause you guys aren't together/serious. But don't make her pay for all of it lol

2) I don't think there are motives behind it. Probably just a fancier goodbye maybe. You guys both have to eat. Why not eat together? Haha

1) nah I'm a classy mtherfcker and she's going to pay. Who does she think I am?
      2) why after month of literally no contact at all would she be all hey want to grab a bite?

Lol I'm jk I don't even know If she is going anymore says she is getting off work later and will text me later.

Oh whatever you are not joking 😏 Haha I wonder if you were just a really good fuck and she wants it one more time before you leave. I really hope she's not pregnant for your sake. Lol

• Depends on where you're from.

Country town I live in, you'd be considered fancy. Bigger cities it's like McDonald's lol

• I can't tell if you troll in your questions half the time

• All I know about OG is that it is a super cheap franchise USA restaurant chain often mocked in film.

• If she's pregnant she's already paying for it having to carry your child. If it's a hang out then each pays if it's a date date then asker should pay but never assume and bring money anyway in my opinion.

• I don't know, it sounds like a normal date. No, it's not alpha to make her pay for all of it.

What Guys Said 12

• I would split the bill unless she insists/offers to pay for it. Like Puppylove94 said, you aren't officially together or serious.

She could be just wanting to go for a date and see if things can go anywhere from there. I wouldn't over think it. The worst case scenario is only one scenario out of many. She really could be just wanting to go on a legit date with you and see if anything comes out of it. The month+ without contact could have been for a multitude of reasons. (i. e. maybe she was waiting for you to contact her, maybe she was wanting a separation before whatever you had going before and a legit date).

It's actually a psychological phenomenon to overestimate the negative scenarios and the odds of them happening. That could be happening here.

Point is, there are a lot of maybes. The likelihood of it being a negative scenario is just one out of many. Plus, I would have imagined that being more of a serious "we need to talk" kind of contact. I would just go on it and enjoy it for what it's worth. It's going to ruin your night if you are worried throughout she'll suddenly drop a baby bomb any minute lol

On a completely unrelated side note, I just got reminded of this thing. Maybe she just wants free breadsticks? lmao
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kkzs7zH_DY

• Lol.. the big reveal...
    Making her pay won't make ya alpha mate... but it sure as hell would be smart. To be even smarter... bring your wallet but let her pay... be on the win win side for once...

• You yourself nothing serious, so may be that was only friendship

• she's preggers. Everyone knows Olive Garden is the place to tell dudes that their old hookups are pregnant with their kids😂

• Never set foot in an olive garden before lol, and it sounds like a romantic dinner date to me, maybe she just wanted to say goodbye, who knows *shrugs*

• 1) go in sweats show her she ain't sh*t.
    2) don't bring your wallet, she paying for the meal
    3) depending how classy it goes give her the D. Matter fact. Dub her. No D for her.
    4) after your meal is done put your shades and and walk out like a bawse. And don't look back

• Dont let her hit home plate on the first date. Be classy and make her wait.

• Sounds like she wants the D!

• Olive garden is nasty

Finally, someone with some goddamn sense

As an Italian American the food is so bad that I consider it an insult to my cultural heritage

@Waffles731 yea its very nasty, dude I could make better food at home.

• As an Italian American myself, it comes across as disgrace to my own heritage

I went to Olive Garden once and aside from the extremely long wait, I thought the food was subpar at best. I had a pepperoni pizza with sausages that tasted like something I could get from Costco. Certainly not worth the price or atmosphere.

@JRICHARDS1996
      Just don't fucking go.
      Give me fifteen minutes at the grocery store and an hour at home and I can make a pasta dinner that would blow you away.]
      Hell give me a few hours before hand and I can make bread from scratch

• that you might like olives

• a plate of carbs, hardly any protein, & a basket of carbs with a side of butter!